U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 AM

3,489 posts, read 4,329,042 times
I know men who have cats, trust me, they are not gay. It's easier to have a cat for a pet than a dog. You can leave town for a few days, you don't have to walk them, apartments allow them more than dogs. There are a lot of reasons why people have cats instead of dogs, sexual orientation, is not one of them.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 AM

3,879 posts, read 2,142,951 times
We adopted 4 tiny kittens this past October. Three were female and one was a little male. He and DH have become inseparable - he loves DH and follows him everywhere, hanging on him like a tick. To be funny, DH started calling him "B*ll S**k", saying "We guys gotta stick together". B/S is going to be neutered, so DH is going to have to choose another name for him.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you either think too much, or maybe not enough. Can't make up my mind which. What does owning a cat have to do with a persons sexual preference? Are you completely missing something upstairs, or is it just me? Talk about turn off's...whew!
Let's not be obtuse/PC. An enormous percentage of gay men own cats as opposed to straight men, so it's easy to see where nyanna is coming from.

Of course you don't have to be gay to own cats - when I was child I used to spend the summers in my relatives' farm and they had cats, but in the context of a single man living in an apartment I can see how she might have though that, even if it's doesn't have to be the case.

Last edited by Perfect Stranger; 01-27-2012 at 04:46 AM..

Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,725,325 times
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on C-D. And I have seen some pretty darn bizarre ones...

Of course owning a Cat ( or liking Cats) has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. Some people love Dogs, some people love Cats, Cats are more independent and I would argue that if anything are more less "soft" than Dogs ( try to dye a cat,put him/her in ridiculous outfits and treat him/her like a prized poodle and see how many digits are left on your hand or whether your eyeballs survive the experience !!) .

Some people's lifestyles suit having Felines better than Canines. Period.

The idea that the choice of pet is a sign of your sexuality is so bizarre it makes the mind boggle.

I am sure there are plenty of Gay men out there with Norwegian Elk Hounds ,Doberman and Wolf Hounds and a lot of very straight blokes with Persians or Siamese Cats. I saw plenty of Gay couples in SF on my last visit walking not only Dogs but pretty "butch" dogs too.

The world is not quite as simplistic as the OP obviously wishes it would be. Gay people are represented across all walks of life, lifestyles, professions, age and tastes.

This generalisation about Gay people would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic and a little sad. And quite frankly ignorant and stupid too. A choice of pet has more to do with personality and lifestyle than it has to do with sexual orientation.

I love Cats and Dogs and must thus be a flaming Bi-Sexual I gather ?!

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff as the saying go...

Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 AM

17,553 posts, read 16,731,186 times
Does that mean that a straight woman cannot have a dog?

I could see if he had a unicorn, now that may be questionable!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 AM

24,641 posts, read 14,193,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
does this seem a bit soft or I dunno a sign that he may be gay?? I find it to be a major turn off.
What do you know, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-27-2012 at 06:22 AM..

Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,132,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
does this seem a bit soft or I dunno a sign that he may be gay?? I find it to be a major turn off.
I love cats and dogs! Does that mean I'm a latent bi-sexual? What about horses? I love them too? What does it all mean?!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 AM

27,171 posts, read 20,376,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Let's not be obtuse/PC. An enormous percentage of gay men own cats as opposed to straight men, so it's easy to see where nyanna is coming from.

Of course you don't have to be gay to own cats - when I was child I used to spend the summers in my relatives' farm and they had cats, but in the context of a single man living in an apartment I can see how she might have though that, even if it's doesn't have to be the case.

Let's not be stereotypical. What is your valid source for this assumption?

I've seen no one here trying to be "PC", but rather stating personal experiences that don't support the prejudice.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 AM

6,530 posts, read 8,941,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Is it common for straight men to own cats as a pet?

Alot of straight men like p*ssy.

It took NINETEEN freakin' posts for someone to jump on this....

Thank you Dave. I was scanning the thread to see if someone had knocked that pitch out of the park yet...

Old 01-27-2012, 06:33 AM

27,171 posts, read 20,376,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
It took NINETEEN freakin' posts for someone to jump on this....

Thank you Dave. I was scanning the thread to see if someone had knocked that pitch out of the park yet...
Ah, one can always hope that someone wouldn't find it necessary to insert the stupidly obvious and obviously stupid remark...but hopes are always dashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships