Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Looks are far less important to women, in general.

Facts say otherwise.

I stand by my statement.
I agree 100%. Of course great looks help with at least the initial attraction, but most women care very little about guys looks. Or his money for that matter.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:45 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,503,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Hispanics are more likely than the general population to develop diabetes. It is estimated that 2.5 million, or 10.4 percent of Hispanic and Latino Americans aged 20 and older have diabetes. Hispanics also are more likely to have undiagnosed diabetes than non-Hispanic whites and non-Hispanic blacks. Nearly half of Hispanic children born in the year 2000 are likely to develop diabetes during their lives. Risk factors include: being overweight; having a parent, brother, or sister with diabetes; being older than age 45; having had diabetes when pregnant; and being Hispanic/Latino, Alaska Native, American Indian, African American, Asian American or Pacific Islander.

Here's the link: Diabetes - Are Hispanics at Greater Risk?

Our food choices in regards of carbs and sugary products aren't the best which I think has a lot to do with it.

Your name starts with a C? you probably have higher risk of developing cancer.

If your name starts with an H, you probably have halitosis.

This statements are as serious as the one you posted.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Study finds unattractive men most likely to incorrectly think women dig them. (http://blog.chron.com/momhouston/2011/12/study-finds-unattractive-men-most-likely-to-incorrectly-think-women-really-dig-‘em/ - broken link)
From my own experiences I find this hard to believe. I never thought for one minute that anyone ever was interested in me.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Men are afraid to approach big women because they think we will sit on them. Lmao! I swear I wash my crevices! Lol

Old 01-27-2012, 01:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
From my own experiences I find this hard to believe. I never thought for one minute that anyone ever was interested in me.
You mean NEVER EVER? I find that hard to beleive or do you mean the people that were attracted to you wouldn't have wanted regardless?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You mean NEVER EVER? I find that hard to beleive or do you mean the people that were attracted to you wouldn't have wanted regardless?
I mean never ever. I really didn't think anyone had ever been attracted to me until I was well into my 20s, and it seemed as if then it was more because of my job, degree and other achievements.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A guy once told me 'you're the kind of girl to f***, not the kind to marry'. So yeah, some women are treated better than others. I will never be that cutesy girl sipping lady drinks at the bar, giggling at all the silly stuff the men are saying. I tried that once and got plenty of attention, but it just felt fake.
I sip cutesy lady drinks at a the bar, it would help if I were cuter though. So this is a moot point, LOL. Anyway, that is really freaking rude what that guy said to you geez! I had a male friend tell me I would be prettier if I "wasn't so fat." He just flat out said that. Have men (or women) ever told you that you're intimidating? I can understand what this means if a man says it about another man or a woman says it about a man. But I do not understand what it means for a man to say that about a WOMAN. IMO I think he means the woman is big and ugly.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,804,018 times
Quote:
Agree with this. I'd say the 'study' is flawed somehow.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Agree with this. I'd say the 'study' is flawed somehow.
It's gotta be. Ugly dudes have no delusions about their appeal to women; experience shows they have none. Most likely men who have had even a bit of success with women probably have a higher opinion of themselves for two reasons. First, if you're batting .010 with women (you hook up 1 time out of 100 attempts), you're still successful. Second, women do have bad taste.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I mean never ever. I really didn't think anyone had ever been attracted to me until I was well into my 20s, and it seemed as if then it was more because of my job, degree and other achievements.
There was this really attractive guy that I used to think liked me at some point, but I still beleive he either didn't really like me and I was exaggerating it or he liked me but for sexual purposes only (which is what all the other instances amounted to). My point is, there was probably some woman that actually liked you and you chalked it up to something else, since it's so hard for you to beleive it could've been true. Like the other poster said, you're a 'flawed' source for data, LOL

Edit: FYI, unattractive women don't have any delusions about our attractiveness to men either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.