Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
There was this really attractive guy that I used to think liked me at some point, but I still beleive he either didn't really like me and I was exaggerating it or he liked me but for sexual purposes only (which is what all the other instances amounted to). My point is, there was probably some woman that actually liked you and you chalked it up to something else, since it's so hard for you to beleive it could've been true. Like the other poster said, you're a 'flawed' source for data, LOL

Edit: FYI, unattractive women don't have any delusions about our attractiveness to men either.
Well, you may be surprised who finds you attractive.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times
As always, this type of topic cuts both ways. My best friend was 6'0 and weighed 290. He was rejected constantly. He wasn't the most confident person in the world, but he still would have the courage to approach women. He decided that it must be his weight that was hurting him. In 7 months, he lost around 80 to 85 pounds. Complete 180 with women. He had about a 2 month stretch where every weekend he hooked up with a different chick. He nows has a girlfriend. We agree, and she even admits she probably would have never talked to him at 290.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, you may be surprised who finds you attractive.

I could say the same thing to you! One of those women that you assumed wasn't interested might've been waiting for you to ask her out. She probably assumed you didn't like her and didn't have the nerve to approach you. In my case it's the opposite, if some guy did find me attractive I probably would've been on a date by now, so clearly no one does, LOL. I do not think I am 'ugly' but obviously not attractive enough in men's opinions.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I could say the same thing to you! One of those women that you assumed wasn't interested might've been waiting for you to ask her out. She probably assumed you didn't like her and didn't have the nerve to approach you. In my case it's the opposite, if some guy did find me attractive I probably would've been on a date by now, so clearly no one does, LOL. I do not think I am 'ugly' but obviously not attractive enough in men's opinions.
I dunno........there was no dating at all in high school and when I was in college, the few women I asked out ran from me like I was some type of criminal. Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have dated me. I didn't think I was really repulsively ugly, just unattractive to the point that nobody was interested.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,797 times
Quote:
I dunno........there was no dating at all in high school and when I was in college, the few women I asked out ran from me like I was some type of criminal. Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have dated me. I didn't think I was really repulsively ugly, just unattractive to the point that nobody was interested.
Damn, we must be twins!

Very similar experiences as well.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:03 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,629 times
Quote:
It's gotta be. Ugly dudes have no delusions about their appeal to women; experience shows they have none.
Ha!

Doesn't stop the bulk of them from trying. You won't believe the sorts of guys who approach me.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ha!

Doesn't stop the bulk of them from trying. You won't believe the sorts of guys who approach me.
It's that 1 of 100 thing I mentioned........but babee, you also show here that you do care about looks.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
The Antlered One and I have had our words over time, and I may not be on his Christmas card list, but I'm sorry, under whose authority do you sit and call him---whoops, stand in your heels and call him, an idiot AND a liar, in the same breath?

All he did was to express his opinion on the topic at hand...you are within your rights to disagree with him, as is anyone else in this forum, or in the real world, but to lump him in with a lot of other guys you may have encountered that lied to you and left a bad taste in your mouth, and then to disparage him by calling him a liar/idiot?

I'm sorry, but whoever granted you that authority told YOU a lie

a person lies and gets caught. how are you defending that??

Old 01-27-2012, 02:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:

I am basically saying the same thing about myself, LOL.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM

245 posts, read 519,629 times
Here's some advice from a skinny girl...

DATE CHUBBY CHASERS!

Whatever is wrong with you, go for guys with the fetish. Whether you're fat, skinny, tall, short. There's a fetish for it!!! GO FOR THEM!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships