Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
IMO, when men have flirted with me, it was solely because I have large breasts, I don't feel they were interested in any thing beyond that. In other words it's an 'attention catcher' (albeit an embarrassing one sometimes). If I had smaller breasts highly doubt they would give me a second look. Whereas, with other women yea, they might flirt with her b/c of having large breasts but I think they are actually interested in her (other physical features and/or personality, etc).
Precisely. Plus, you never know if they're interesting in your attributes or if they are actually interested in you. I've gone out with plenty of guys who got frustrated because they thought I would 'put out' because I have large breasts (Thought I was a 38F, turns out I'm a 36GG) and tattoos. No joke, I've actually had men tell me that.

One of the reasons my ex and I broke up was because, and I quote, "I'm embarrassed to be seen with you in public". He said it was because I look like a caricature and he was afraid that his friends would think he was dating a sl*t. Lovely, eh?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Both these women are overweight. Can't say they are unattractive.

Whoever issues statements like overweight women are unattractive or unapproached are simply aesthetically retarded.

I take women on a case by case basis. There are some hideous women with a good body. Body shape does not weigh upon physical beauty, unless we enter the super-sized 300 pound BBW territory.

http://www.long-island-weddings.org/...-dresses-1.jpg

Or here. At least half the women here aren't bad looking at all.
Plus Size Models. | XL as life!

I'm a big fat basher myself. But let's be real honest and take specimens on a case by case basis. It's impossible and somewhat idiotic to brushstroke an entire demographic. Sorry, fellas.
I think those women and the more attractive ones you linked to get a pass because they don't happen to carry fat around their face. You'll especially notice with the successful, high-end plus size models. They have heads that look like they belong to a size 6 body.

But the picture you posted, if you ignored the heads, those are some really unattractive bodies. I'm not sure how much a pretty face can make up for a lumpy body.

The other link had some ladies with nicer bodies, but what can you really tell through a corseted or spandexed outfit?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Precisely. Plus, you never know if they're interesting in your attributes or if they are actually interested in you. I've gone out with plenty of guys who got frustrated because they thought I would 'put out' because I have large breasts (Thought I was a 38F, turns out I'm a 36GG) and tattoos. No joke, I've actually had men tell me that.

One of the reasons my ex and I broke up was because, and I quote, "I'm embarrassed to be seen with you in public". He said it was because I look like a caricature and he was afraid that his friends would think he was dating a sl*t. Lovely, eh?
Where do you find these guys? You said you live in a pretty small town, right? I think it's time for a move.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Where do you find these guys? You said you live in a pretty small town, right? I think it's time for a move.
It's BEYOND time for a move... I've been looking for jobs in bigger cities so we'll see what I can find The ONLY thing keeping me here right now is my career. I love my job.

I've found that the 'good' guys tend to go for the totally helpless young college girls. At 28 I'm basically over the hill for my area, plus I don't wear fake nails and spend inordinate amounts of money on clothing, hair and accessories. Maybe guys just like the frosting, not the actual cupcake underneath

Old 01-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,792 times
Quote:
It's BEYOND time for a move... I've been looking for jobs in bigger cities so we'll see what I can find The ONLY thing keeping me here right now is my career. I love my job.

I've found that the 'good' guys tend to go for the totally helpless young college girls. At 28 I'm basically over the hill for my area, plus I don't wear fake nails and spend inordinate amounts of money on clothing, hair and accessories. Maybe guys just like the frosting, not the actual cupcake underneath
I honestly can't believe the guys aren't falling over themselves trying to get with you! You sound like a cool chick!

"like I have a penis".....classic!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
As I wrote earlier,its mostly how one is shaped rather than size.

A 220 pound hourglass and pear shaped person doesn't look as fat as an apple shaped persoj.
Lots of guys have told me that.
Now 300 pounds is entering into another territory,but I don't know where you all live but I see guys hitting on larger women all the time.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
I honestly can't believe the guys aren't falling over themselves trying to get with you! You sound like a cool chick!

"like I have a penis".....classic!
I've had guys say similar things, then start dating the fake blonde 5' tall girl who can't possibly get her nails dirty.

Yes, girls can be friend zoned too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

A 220 pound hourglass and pear shaped person doesn't look as fat as an apple shaped persoj.
Now 300 pounds is entering into another territory,but I don't know where you all live but I see guys hitting on larger women all the time.

Too true, I weigh A LOT more than what most people peg me at. In fact, one of the guys I work with called BS when I told him my weight (he guessed 60 lbs lighter than what I really am!!) and so we each got weighed on my shipping scale. He was amazed... but I have an hourglass figure and carry my weight very well.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

I see what you're getting at, but your numbers are a bit extreme.

Here is a (self-reported) 220lb hourglass.

Here is a 140lb apple.

Both are 5'6. I think a thin/average woman with minimal curves still beats out an obese hourglass.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:09 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I see what you're getting at, but your numbers are a bit extreme.

Here is a (self-reported) 220lb hourglass.

Here is a 140lb apple.

Both are 5'6. I think a thin/average woman with minimal curves still beats out an obese hourglass.
The first pic,I really doubt she is an hourglass,just from looking at her(plus,its not a full pick. The women on that site are famous for describing their shape wrong)

Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
Quote:
Oh, I've experienced that first hand, and at my workplace on a regular basis. The guys treat the other girls like princesses and offer to do errands for them, flirt with them etc. but with me.... Well, I may as well have a penis. .
Ah, I see.... Well, from what I've learned recently on this forum, you need to look for a man who owns a cat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships