Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 PM

550 posts, read 984,620 times

Advertisements

Well I started dating a guy from school for a few months now and we are only in one class together this semester. Well we had our first class and I saw him talking to some other girl. About what I don't know. He mentioned last week that his sister is having some serious health problems, so I don't want to bug him too much anyway. However when I saw him in class he did not say much to me and after class only mentioned that we could maybe go out on the weekend. Yet he hasn't even called me or texted me since he said that. Honestly it just feels like he's blowing me off and I don't know why. Should I just call him and ask him what's up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Should I just call him and ask him what's up?
How about you call him and say hi!

You're making a bunch of negative assumptions right now - and NO ONE likes getting a "What's up?" phone call from a love interest. Assume the best, until proven wrong, if you want the relationship to last.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
I guess being blown off is better than being blown away like another thread.

Agree with just talking to him..

Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
If he has admitted to have a lot of family issues going on, his mind may be focused on those issues. I am not certain, but it is a possibility.

Might be best for you to take initiative, call him, and ask him out. If he isn't intentionally blowing you off, he may appreciate being able to get away from the stess, relax, and have some fun.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
You've been dating him for a few months now and it sounds like the relationship isn't progressing to a level you hoped for and feel disappointed as a result. Understandably so.

If I was dating a guy for a few months and had some family problems relating to health, the first person I'd call and text is the person I'm seeing.

Given that he sounds like he has a lot going on (and I assume as you do too), he probably needs some space and I'd take care of myself also. Maybe when he feels better he will ring you up. Sometimes, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Other times, taking care of personal needs while giving another person space helps both partners re-evaluate and assess where they are both at in the relationship (dating phase- certainty vs. uncertainty to something more serious).

Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 PM

207 posts, read 535,725 times
Why not do something that is worth your time? Why not spend time with someone who is willing to spend time with you? Don't waste your time.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkAquarius View Post
Why not do something that is worth your time? Why not spend time with someone who is willing to spend time with you? Don't waste your time.
Sounds like a plan.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM

391 posts, read 688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
However when I saw him in class he did not say much to me and after class only mentioned that we could maybe go out on the weekend.
Today is Monday. You posted on Friday.

Did you go out on the weekend with him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships