Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 AM

262 posts, read 651,337 times

Advertisements

I was attractive to this guy at first- He would always check me out. Then, because of stress I gained 10 pounds in one month, most of it was in my face. I became quite unattractive. He began liking another girl who was quite attractive and who gave him attention. Still, I played hard to get and he enjoyed the chase and the mystery surrounding our weird attraction.

Now, I'm becoming attractive again but due to certain circumstances am not where he is anymore. (I'm trying to keep this anonymous.)

Has this happened to you, Where you found someone attractive and then they became physically unattractive? How did you feel about them?

I miss him, although I know that he is a male and males enjoy the "physical" aspects of most relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
My head hurts

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
10 lbs made you unattractive? Even on a small frame 10 lbs shouldn't make that much of a difference.

That said, no. Generally if I'm attracted to someone it's much deeper than a few lbs here and there. I had a guy stop seeing me because I had surgery on my collar bone that left a rather nasty 4" scar right below it. I found out from a friend of his that he said it was disgusting. So yes, some people really care.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times
maybe u became too unattainable and he moved on to someone easier

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
What if you married this man and had a baby? What do you think will happen to your body then?? If he doesn't want you with 10lbs extra (which is NOTHING, btw) he likely isn't actually interested in you, the person.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Do you know for a fact that he found you unattractive because you gained weight, or are you imagining this?

(Like a typical woman would. )

Maybe he liked the other girl because "she gave him attention" and didn't "play hard to get".

(Clue for the ladies: Men are more interested in you being interested in them than in how you look. )

Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Screw playing hard to get. Most men aren't stupid. They can smell a game a mile away. It's best to just be busy, always doing things, be interested in doing other things than just him. Busy people are interesting people. Usually.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:41 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post

Has this happened to you, Where you found someone attractive and then they became physically unattractive? How did you feel about them?
It has. My initial thoughts were always "Whew.....I sure dodged that bullet". Dated a gal who was VERY attractive, kinda quirky and super fun to be around. Saw her recently and she just ballooned up by 75-100 pounds or so from eating crap and not exercising (she does NOT have any medical condition). She's now physically repulsive. Sweet girl still, but super duper unattractive.

Same with my ex-wife. When I first met her, she was absolutely the most beautiful woman Id ever seen, of course, she was 10 years my senior. See her now and she looks OLD and FAT. NOT at all attractive. Glad Im not with her anymore.

I could come up with a few more examples, but will just stick to these for now. Thing is, when it comes to physical attraction, people lose what they have if they get fat and when they age. One you can control, the other you cant. That is just life.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
I hate to be judgemental, but I would have to say that he must be very superficial where 10 pounds means the difference between being very attracted, and not attracted.

I personally find that my attraction to women I am seeing grows with how much I feel for them being appearance. I have had women I know as friends or acquaintances that I considered "ordinary" (not attractive or unattractive) look very attractive to me when I developed deeper feelings for them.

I'd say if he is that superficial you may be better off without him. Would you want to be in a relationship with him, worried all the time that if you put on a couple pounds (for whatever reason) he is suddenly going to lose feelings for you? Society already puts too much pressure on women and their physical appearance without that kind of added stress in a relationship!

Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
OP, what are you - 14 y/o? Games are for children.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships