Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,277,086 times

Advertisements

Maria,
Add "If you were single" to my recent post. I'm new here and didn't know you were married.

8,276 posts, read 11,909,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Expecting a grown man to have a solid income and college education (especially if the woman has the same) amounts to being a 'gold digger?' LOL. Count me in then.
You have to read "between the lines"; I sense a lot of demands and expectations here, without the pleasantries..

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
it's not about the money in itself but rather the attribute of ambition. Women perceive men as going out there amongst other men and being successful in obtaining the resources...that is the biological purpose of men. If a man is poor then the unconscious thinking is that a man has failed in this essential purpose and would not be an ideal mate.

Similarly for a woman, a man thinks a woman needs to take care of her body so that she can show off her good genes for the taking by the men since men are biologically interested in obtaining better genes.

It's a primal instinct and discussed in anthropology quite often.
So it goes down to "Men should have money and take care of their woman...Women should cook and do house chores", right?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women hate the idea of having to support a man while men, not really, sure there are exceptions, but seeing men support their family seems the way to go.
To be honest I have an extreme aversion to the idea of not paying for things. However this is not usually the case and most women want a man who brings home the bacon.

I know that is unpopular but it is the truth.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I am happily married thank you. I am not looking but I am simply telling it like it is.

My Husband does have a six figure annual income.

It wasn't about the money. It is for the sex. We are into some hardcore stuff and as you can imagine it is hard to find such a perfect match. I got lucky. I won't deny that but I am also not going to go and sugar coat the truth.
You get the sex you want plus you enjoy the luxuries of having a rich husband. If things go sour you get to keep half of his fortune. Lucky you .

Quote:
To be honest I have an extreme aversion to the idea of not paying for things. However this is not usually the case and most women want a man who brings home the bacon.

Women wanting men to be the ones who bring the bacon is a POPULAR way of thinking.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,008 times
Quote:

That's the truth only in YOUR experience. You certainly do not speak for all women by any stretch.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Would a man expecting a woman to know how to cook for him and clean the house amounts to that man being terrible?

Nope. I am "old school" in this respect & disagree with most women where the cooking/cleaning thing is concerned. I would cook meals for my husband & family on a daily basis (if I ever had one, which likely I won't). Geography freak said it best though: 'money is to women what beauty is to men.' Although it's not just about "money" but having a decent job IMO. Men don't want an ugly woman anymore than women want a broke man. It's not because we're looking for someone to 'take care of us' or because we're 'gold diggers' it's because we don't want to end up taking care of HIM financially, life is hard enough as it is.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
I don't like the idea of having to rely on a man for money which is why I work even though my Husband doesn't like me too. My mother had to depend on men for money to support herself and me and my siblings and I swore I would never be dependant like she is.

However the fact cannot be denied that women want a man with money so they don't have to support him. That is the way it has been since the beginning of time. If we can't call a spade a spade we will never get anywhere.
First thing to be clear on is that we're speaking in western terms. Impoverished people hook up more than anyone. Beyond that, as far as somewhat affluent westerners are concerned, I don't disagree that women don't want to support men financially, generally. And many men are taking up with the line of thought of not wanting to support women financially either, as if they are children. Times are changing. If a man cannot support himself and his family I'd say something is wrong in his life. If a woman cannot support herself and her family I'd also say something is wrong in her life.

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Done it before...I don't plan on getting married or having children (although I do wish to live with someone). I plan on being career oriented "bread-winner" and if he's a writer or an artists or has some sort of ambition that may not "pay the bills" I am more than okay with that.

1,429 posts, read 2,296,955 times
Quote:
You get the sex you want plus you enjoy the luxuries of having a rich husband. If things go sour you get to keep half of his fortune. Lucky you .

Women wanting men to be the ones who bring the bacon is a POPULAR way of thinking.
I get to keep everything I earn from my job to myself in a private account plus half of everything made by him during the marriage and that increases to seventy five percent in the event of infidelity.

Lucky me indeed. I hope I never divorce because I really am happily married. I am happy to be one of the few instead of the many unhappily married couples out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships