Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times

Advertisements

I don't get why a cougar would date an 18 year old guy either. My 18 year old self was an idiot, don't see what a 25yr+ woman would wanna have to do with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,613 times
I just couldn't get past the point that she couldn't drink. I'm not a big drinker, and I go to clubs a couple of times a month, but I believe the majority of the clubs in DC are 21+ (correct me if I'm wrong HurricaneDC, I haven't had to show my ID in years). So that automatically cuts out a good portion of the nightlife. I don't even think 18 year olds are allowed in bars either?

20 would be my cut off...

Granted at 20, she still wouldn't be allowed to drink but it's not so weird, 2 years of more maturity and experience.

Last edited by DomRep; 01-30-2012 at 07:53 AM..

Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
People don't blink or object to cougar's dating 18/19 yr old men, so why should it be any different in this case?
How do you think "cougars" got the label in the first place? Do you think it's a positive connotation?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How do you think "cougars" got the label in the first place? Do you think it's a positive connotation?
Of course it's not a positive connotation

when you have a female dominated consumer base that is especially wide in that age demographic, media/advertisers etc will do their best to make a cougar's terrible logic rationalizations seem "positive".

Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,042 times
well when we're 18-20 and a bit beyond all the women of same age spend their youth on older guys, so when we guys get older we still wonder what a young fresh woman feels like.
In turn the women wake up at thirty and wonder why all the guys want younger women? guess what? you spent your youth on others when you could have been with the guys your age.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Cougars are nice, the women who've managed to keep their youth relatively well know their way around the sack

Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
It is only a recent phenomena - that started with the advent of public schooling - where both sexes of the same age..were exposed to each other..traditionally - a woman should be younger than the male...nothing sader than a guy who is 26 and pairs up^with another 26 year old female...by the time they are 50 - he may as well be living with his grand mother...woman age quicker near the end than men...Then they wonder why men cheat on a mate after 30 years...why should a man have to give up sex with he is older - just because his wife who is the same age and older...lost her need for it because of biology...

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It is only a recent phenomena - that started with the advent of public schooling - where both sexes of the same age..were exposed to each other..traditionally - a woman should be younger than the male...nothing sader than a guy who is 26 and pairs up^with another 26 year old female...by the time they are 50 - he may as well be living with his grand mother...woman age quicker near the end than men...Then they wonder why men cheat on a mate after 30 years...why should a man have to give up sex with he is older - just because his wife who is the same age and older...lost her need for it because of biology...
rep! post of the day right here.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Whatever...

Nothing sadder than a person who thinks women are used up after 25. You must just look at women as....

Anyway...

I don't think its that big of an age difference. It could go either way. My s.o. 's last girlfriend was almost 19 while he was as about the same age as your son. He dated casually in the age range of 18-26 and ended up sticking with me, a thirty-something. Why? Because of all that young people stuff that just gets draining when you have moved past it.

And sorry guys...guess what...you are most likely not going to be anything to look at after 50 either.
Get over yourselves. Not to mention your thing will probably need medication to even work.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,270,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Really? If you didn't think cheating was going on back then when the man was older, you're diluted.

At 21 I knew dating an 18 year old wasn't for me.

My wife and I are the same age now (30) and I definitely couldn't see dating an 18 year old. Working at a high school kinda solidified that.

For a ____ buddy maybe. 25 would probably be the MAX age. Anything older than that and you're just asking for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships