Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:19 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
LOL, No He isn't. But He sure has plenty of people doing it for him. I think the OP question has been belittled an awful lot, by what appear to be a group of followers that may or may not genuinely care if her questions are answered, but do enjoy baiting posters. OP, Do your own thing. Enjoy your life. And I still stand by my earlier post. Lots of jealous jenny's on this forum" :P
Oh here we go. Ok, I'll bite. Why do conversations like this always resort to the jealous card being played? Answer; because the arguments of some are so ineffective.

Personally, I feel if she wants to dress like that, she should dress like that. It's nobody's business but hers and we don't have to look. But people aren't as dumb as some might think. The original post comes across as an approval seeking question to many so they answer accordingly. There are people who seemingly seek the approval and compliments of others and that looks far more insecure than a man who simply knows he doesn't want a woman he feels is on display.

Could some of the responses to the o/p have been gentler? Sure. But that's how it is online. Ask a question, get a brutal answer--to anything. It has nothing to do with jealousy. People just feel comfortable being brutally honest. Doesn't make them right or wrong. Doesn't make her right or wrong.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 01-28-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Oh here we go. Ok, I'll bite. Why do conversations like this always resort to the jealous card being played? Answer; because the arguments of some are so ineffective.

Personally, I feel if she wants to dress like that, she should dress like that. It's nobody's business but hers and we don't have to look. But people aren't as dumb as some might think. The original post comes across as an approval seeking question to many so they answer accordingly. There are people who seemingly seek the approval and compliments of others and that looks far more insecure than a man who simply knows he doesn't want a woman he feels is on display.

Could some of the responses to the o/p have been gentler? Sure. But that's how it is online. Ask a question, get a brutal answer--to anything. It has nothing to do with jealousy. People just feel comfortable being brutally honest. Doesn't make them right or wrong. Doesn't make her right or wrong.
Actually, I agree. Ineffective might have been a better word for me to choose than jealous. I do stand by my comments. These are my opinions, uncolored by previous judgements of past posts/threads made by this OP. Thanks

Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Here's my situation:

I recently met a guy and we hit it off. We had a lot in common and went out a few times. I thought things were going well until he stopped calling suddenly.

A few days went by so I sent him a text and wondered why I hadn't heard from him. He called me immediately after I sent the text and told me that, as much as he liked me, he thought that we should see other people because he thought I dressed too sexy.

I was confused. I had never heard a guy say this before, and it got me wondering whether he was insecure that other guys might start paying attention to me, despite the fact that i was interested in him and no one else. I even told him that.

Also...I didn't think I was dressing too sexy when we went out. I wore sweaters and tops that, although they were form-fitting, they showed no skin.

I'm confused. Is he insecure? He didn't seem to have a problem with how I dressed when we first met.
Move on, let it go. You and he just aren't meant for each other, it doesn't have to be about making him some kind of bad guy. He simply wants a more modest woman who needs less attention from others for a partner.

And you want to be what you are - and need someone who accepts what you are.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Move on, let it go. You and he just aren't meant for each other, it doesn't have to be about making him some kind of bad guy. He simply wants a more modest woman who needs less attention from others for a partner.

And you want to be what you are - and need someone who accepts what you are.
The only answered really needed.

(Got you too. Thanks. )

Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,010 times
If the profile pics are an example of how you dressed on dates I don't really see a problem depending on whether it was appropriate for the situation.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I kind of noticed how the guy was the "jerk", maybe he just doesn't want to be in a serious relationship with the OP. I dont see what makes him so bad for not wanting to be with somone who, in his opinion dresses "too sexy".

Maybe he could have handled it a little better. But really, how do you tell someone, that they think that they look like a hoochie.

No offense to the OP.

And a guy might be attracted to the hot exhibitionist babe but then start thinking about bringing her home to meet the family or when he wants to bring a date to his workplace office party and start backing out fast.

There are plenty of other men who want a flashy trophy at their side, they want to have the heads turn when they walk into a restaurant or club or Holloween party and aren't thinking about ever bringing her home to meet mom and dad.

I don't see how every break-up means a guy is just a jerk, that doesn't appear to be the case here, he never treated the OP badly, he just didn't want to continue a relationship with her.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:05 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,599 times
After looking at the photos you posted on your public profile, I can't say that you are "shy" about displaying your body in public (no insult intended, you have a nice one indeed) so maybe he felt a little out of his league.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Here's my situation:

I recently met a guy and we hit it off. We had a lot in common and went out a few times. I thought things were going well until he stopped calling suddenly.

A few days went by so I sent him a text and wondered why I hadn't heard from him. He called me immediately after I sent the text and told me that, as much as he liked me, he thought that we should see other people because he thought I dressed too sexy.

I was confused. I had never heard a guy say this before, and it got me wondering whether he was insecure that other guys might start paying attention to me, despite the fact that i was interested in him and no one else. I even told him that.

Also...I didn't think I was dressing too sexy when we went out. I wore sweaters and tops that, although they were form-fitting, they showed no skin.

I'm confused. Is he insecure? He didn't seem to have a problem with how I dressed when we first met.
His problem, not yours. Best to find this out early. I would not waste much energy trying to understand his personal preferences. Best of luck with your next guy!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,923 times
All the pics in your profile have you in half shirts. So I would say that you're either showing too much skin or you're trying to act too sexy and it was turning him off.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:57 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,657 times
Quote:
I didn't think I was dressing too sexy when we went out. I wore sweaters and tops that, although they were form-fitting, they showed no skin.
Maybe he's not talking about the way you dressed, when you went out. Maybe there were things, other than the way you dress, that he didn't like. Or, perhaps he found someone else, and it has nothing to do with your style of dress. Just be happy he broke it off, instead of playing you like a boot head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships