Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times

Advertisements

Here's my situation:

I recently met a guy and we hit it off. We had a lot in common and went out a few times. I thought things were going well until he stopped calling suddenly.

A few days went by so I sent him a text and wondered why I hadn't heard from him. He called me immediately after I sent the text and told me that, as much as he liked me, he thought that we should see other people because he thought I dressed too sexy.

I was confused. I had never heard a guy say this before, and it got me wondering whether he was insecure that other guys might start paying attention to me, despite the fact that i was interested in him and no one else. I even told him that.

Also...I didn't think I was dressing too sexy when we went out. I wore sweaters and tops that, although they were form-fitting, they showed no skin.

I'm confused. Is he insecure? He didn't seem to have a problem with how I dressed when we first met.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Move on he's a jerk.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post

I was confused. I had never heard a guy say this before, and it got me wondering whether he was insecure that other guys might start paying attention to me, despite the fact that i was interested in him and no one else. I even told him that.

I think it's this.

[or he's entering the monastery]

Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
^^^ This, or he just could not think about another reason ...
He probably decided that you are too attractive for him, and already imagined all the pain and headache that would be related when he gets jealous.
He probably noticed that other men also found you attractive.
Now, you have two options: wear really VERY modest clothes or let him go.
I would drop him, because guys like that are just to possessive, and nothing what you will try to do will make them more secure in themselves.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ This, or he just could not think about another reason ...
He probably decided that you are too attractive for him, and already imagined all the pain and headache that would be related when he gets jealous.
He probably noticed that other men also found you attractive.
Now, you have two options: wear really VERY modest clothes or let him go.
I would drop him, because guys like that are just to possessive, and nothing what you do will make them more secure in themselves.
I think you're right, but it still hurts because we really hit it off (or so I thought).

I can't change who I am. I don't think I dress too sexy (I actually wore a midriff-baring shirt when we met but I've worn nothing that has shown skin since). He isn't trying to change me (he's not telling me to dress more modestly), and I appreciate that, but still...he knew this about me initially.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
I think it was an excuse...the real reason only he knows...if he really liked you he would have requested you tone it down(not that I'm saying you have to)!Good riddance of him!!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
After perusing your profile, I think if I was that dude I could have sucked it up at least a little while longer.

It could have been an excuse. I've never heard of anyone breaking up with someone for that reason.

There's always another option.

You didn't mention in your post if you had had sex with him. Some, very unscrupulous, guys will break up with a woman after having sex with them. So I've heard.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
After perusing your profile, I think if I was that dude I could have sucked it up at least a little while longer.

It could have been an excuse. I've never heard of anyone breaking up with someone for that reason.

There's always another option.

You didn't mention in your post if you had had sex with him. Some, very unscrupulous, guys will break up with a woman after having sex with them. So I've heard.
We never had sex. I'm not one to give it up so quickly.

Oh well...time for me to move on. But still...I'm curious to get more people's opinions on the matter.

Thanks to those who have contributed so far!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
You are a cute girl and you have a nice shape. Show it off while you got it! If he can't appreciate it, there are at least a dozen others that can and will.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Were you flirting with other guys like the one pointed out in the other thread? Sounds like your attention was on him so thats probably not the case.
Sounds kind of lame! His loss, move on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships