Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
This is what you said:

So yes, it most certainly does apply to your comment.
But even a woman playing hard to get is going to be easy to get if she wants to be got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 01:23 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
good grief. Why not just meet people, date, have fun, see where things go - and not put so much time into thinking about people's looks. People are more than a number and people are more than some imaginary "league." when you put soooo much time and effort into thinking about all these superficial things - you lose sight of what's really important in a human being.
^^^^ this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
i think...

A) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

B) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"

^^^^^ not this!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I don't play that game so it doesn't really apply to my comment.

Was just a few weeks ago I went on a few dates with this woman. Then she started acting strangely. "I want you to fight for me" is what I eventually drag out of her. More eventually I drag out of her that the only thing that I am fighting for her against is...her.

I saw the ludicrousness of this. She didn't.

I was no longer concerned about getting her.
Yea. I hate that. I don't understand where people get all of this self entitlement from...

Hopefully, no one fights for her, and she'll wake up.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 PM

234 posts, read 882,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I can't really speak from personal experience (only internet dating really ) but I'm wondering if you've found this to be the case...

That there's no point 'limiting yourself' and sticking to girls who are 'in your league' because you think they are too good for you or because they are very attractive, let's say the top 10% of the population.

Personally, I think girls who think of themselves as attractive - which isn't always the same as actually being so - often try to play 'hard to get' or just keep themselves off-limits. A lot of rather average looking women think of themselves this way. On the other hand, it seems if you hit the right buttons it's not all that impossible to land the 'hot chick', especially if she doesn't have that attitude.

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?
Attractive women either they want a rich men so they can keep up their visuals. Women who are attractive are picky and they should be, because they took the time to look good, take care of themselves.

So who want to be with a loser, who is ugly.

Women want to feel love, protected, and want security. I mean some attractive women do work, they are not just trophy wives. Those who do make their own money, still want a guy who is rich, because they life style are expensive. Imagine looking that good it takes money.

Point is attractive women either want a rich guy or a rich hot guy.
If you are not rich, you don't fit the bill.

Sorry.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:44 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
Attractive women either they want a rich men so they can keep up their visuals. Women who are attractive are picky and they should be, because they took the time to look good, take care of themselves.

So who want to be with a loser, who is ugly.

Women want to feel love, protected, and want security. I mean some attractive women do work, they are not just trophy wives. Those who do make their own money, still want a guy who is rich, because they life style are expensive. Imagine looking that good it takes money.

Point is attractive women either want a rich guy or a rich hot guy.
If you are not rich, you don't fit the bill.

Sorry.

You don't have to be rich. If you have looks, that'll be enough as well.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:16 PM

105 posts, read 127,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I can't really speak from personal experience (only internet dating really ) but I'm wondering if you've found this to be the case...

That there's no point 'limiting yourself' and sticking to girls who are 'in your league' because you think they are too good for you or because they are very attractive, let's say the top 10% of the population.

Personally, I think girls who think of themselves as attractive - which isn't always the same as actually being so - often try to play 'hard to get' or just keep themselves off-limits. A lot of rather average looking women think of themselves this way. On the other hand, it seems if you hit the right buttons it's not all that impossible to land the 'hot chick', especially if she doesn't have that attitude.

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?
the answer i believe is simple. just put yourself in the others shoes... if you can figure out why someone is off limits or not or easy to get etc. it should become very easy. i think

Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM

188 posts, read 304,386 times
Yes attractive women are harder to get because many more men want them so they are surrounded (or maybe even approached) by men almost all the time.

So everytime I see a woman who looks even slightly attractive to me on the street, then I think to myself: She probably already has a boyfriend.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"
I think 'leagues' are the BS of delusional or misguided, narcissistic people. What league will you move to when your looks are gone? And they eventually will be. At what point, exactly, do you change leagues? Especially men who are, by nature maybe, delusional about their looks--usually thinking they look far better than they do. Luckily for them, most women are very forgiving in the looks department, whereas, men often are not. But I'm running off the track here.

I wish more people would look deeper than looks. They'd suffer a lot less in the future looking for a quality person who takes pride in their looks and health rather than just looking for looks. Exceptionally good looks seem to make idiots of most people.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:28 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Look. First's things first. The term, 'to get.' You're not dropping a butterfly net over the woman to put her in a cage. You are not conquering. You're not trying to coax her into the sack for a quickie (Well, okay, maybe you are). If that's how you approach things, then count on Rosie Palms being your regular saturday night date.

Second, the #1 sure-fire way to get a woman interested in you is to, ahem, TALK TO HER. As if she were a real human being with real thoughts and emotions and desires and beliefs. Not as if she were a life-support system for boobs and a vagina.

Third, respect yourself. In how you dress. In how you talk. In how you walk through the room. Because if you don't think you're a person of value, if you think you're playing out of your league, then you are automatically telling her that you are beneath her.

So there you go, Tiger. Knock 'em dead.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
I think they are. I will say that most of the female attention I get (not that there's much) comes from average and below average-looking women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships