U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,857,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i know! this is why, if you're a man, it makes sense to date younger women. er, girls, i mean.
Fawlty logic! Just because they go with handsome losers their age does not mean they'll go with older losers, even if they're handsome!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM

16,623 posts, read 14,369,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Fawlty logic! Just because they go with handsome losers their age does not mean they'll go with older losers, even if they're handsome!
i'm not talking about losers.

i'm just saying, what's the downside? she's pointing out lower expectations , as a flaw, but that's not a flaw.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM

24,691 posts, read 19,730,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I have seen many GIRLS with boke guys. When you are young you don't think about paying bills, raising a family, retirement, etc. Most WOMEN I have seen (at least the ones around me) want security over Brad Pitt looks. Not a millionaire, but a man with a stable job/career.
The younger generation are used to being equals in terms of employment or income so can base their choice on other things like appearance and personality.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,857,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I have seen many GIRLS with boke guys. When you are young you don't think about paying bills, raising a family, retirement, etc. Most WOMEN I have seen (at least the ones around me) want security over Brad Pitt looks. Not a millionaire, but a man with a stable job/career.
Quote:

i'm just saying, what's the downside? she's pointing out lower expectations.
Well, you responded to DRGirl's post above...

Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:

i'm just saying, what's the downside? she's pointing out lower expectations , as a flaw, but that's not a flaw.
Well being broke when you can help it is a flaw, for males and females. These days when everyone is in the same market men expect their women to have the same ambition too. I personally don't mind if my lady follows her passion and does something with little monetry return as long as there was some income coming in. I'd expect her to be equally accommodating. Things are different in my generation. I think income isn't such a big factor when choosing a mate here as it is in the States.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM

16,623 posts, read 14,369,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well being broke when you can help it is a flaw, for males and females.
yeah that's not what i'm talking about. just not getting the whole girls/women thing. i didn't realize one was supposed to be more desirable than the other.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
yeah that's not what i'm talking about. just not getting the whole girls/women thing. i didn't realize one was supposed to be more desirable than the other.
Just a term people use to separate the immature from the mature, like the 'boys' from the 'men.' Being excessively picky is a bad thing, but any self-respecting person would have some basic standards.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 PM

4,298 posts, read 3,435,746 times
Yes because of the supply and demand. Everyone wants the best product for the cheapest price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I can't really speak from personal experience (only internet dating really ) but I'm wondering if you've found this to be the case...

That there's no point 'limiting yourself' and sticking to girls who are 'in your league' because you think they are too good for you or because they are very attractive, let's say the top 10% of the population.

Personally, I think girls who think of themselves as attractive - which isn't always the same as actually being so - often try to play 'hard to get' or just keep themselves off-limits. A lot of rather average looking women think of themselves this way. On the other hand, it seems if you hit the right buttons it's not all that impossible to land the 'hot chick', especially if she doesn't have that attitude.

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?

Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 AM

76 posts, read 48,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"
I would bet my salary that you have slept with a man that is b) .......

Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM

76 posts, read 48,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"
I would bet my salary that you have slept with a man that is b) .......for a man that was a).....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships