Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
attractive women are much more difficult to attract, and date, yes. they can be very picky.

that said, women are attracted to a wide variety of things besides looks and money. For example, you might be talking about a hot, shallow women who is just looking to screw celebrities, or underwear models who moonlight as bartenders.... or you may be talking about a hot, intelligent woman who is always looking for more esoteric traits like personality, social intelligence, character, how the guy makes her feel, etc.

The hot/shallow one might not give you a shot at all, because she doesn't see any value to a guy who isn't great-looking, high-status, or rich. The hot/intelligent one might give plenty of guys a shot (because of the complexity of what she's looking for), but then shoot nearly all of them down (because she can; there will always be more).
That is true...I mean I've found that no matter how 'deep' a girl is, if she's attractive and knows it she almost always does have standards. Many attractive women act all modest (all the while feeling as if they are 'hot') so they don't work, but there truly are those who truly don't seem aware of what a catch they are.

Ditzy lasses who like money and clothes have no monopoly on being shallow and picky. Those 'indie' girls, I've found, can be worse. They have that going, are sometimes dishonest about it, and act all intellectual merely for style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That is true...I mean I've found that no matter how 'deep' a girl is, if she's attractive and knows it she almost always does have standards. Many attractive women act all modest (all the while feeling as if they are 'hot') so they don't work, but there truly are those who truly don't seem aware of what a catch they are.
I can't say I've ever met a hot girl who wasn't aware of it, at least not by age 15 or 16.

Like I say, one end of the spectrum are the women who've fully judged you before you say a word. The other end of the spectrum are women who are looking for something less tangible. Appearances are more important for some people, than for others.

My advice is that if you get dismissed off the bat, keep moving. Focus your effort on someone who will play the game with you, for at least a little while.

Quote:
Ditzy lasses who like money and clothes have no monopoly on being shallow and picky. Those 'indie' girls, I've found, can be worse. They have that going, are sometimes dishonest about it, and act all intellectual merely for style.
It seems pretty logical that someone who listens to music for its independent label status, rather than what the music actually sounds like, is going to favor style over substance.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I can't say I've ever met a hot girl who wasn't aware of it, at least not by age 15 or 16.

Like I say, one end of the spectrum are the women who've fully judged you before you say a word. The other end of the spectrum are women who are looking for something less tangible. Appearances are more important for some people, than for others.

My advice is that if you get dismissed off the bat, keep moving. Focus your effort on someone who will play the game with you, for at least a little while.

It seems pretty logical that someone who listens to music for its independent label status, rather than what the music actually sounds like, is going to favor style over substance.
I call the indie/alternative/hipster scene the 'alternative mainstream'. They turn their noses up at the mainstream but they all wear their own fashion etc. I've hung out a lot in those circles and find the people often cold, stuck-up and cliqueish. You have more fun at places that play bad music with the shallow mainstream people.

It's a generalization, but one which has made me jaded...tans are popular in the mainstream, goth girls like to look like vampires. One group likes a certain hairstyle, another favours another.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I know that song. But a majority of men who do that will be unfaithful in that situation, I believe, don't you think?
I've never worried about what "other" people do or say.

Hell, it's a challenge to live my own life!!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times
Quote:
I can't really speak from personal experience (only internet dating really ) but I'm wondering if you've found this to be the case...

That there's no point 'limiting yourself' and sticking to girls who are 'in your league' because you think they are too good for you or because they are very attractive, let's say the top 10% of the population.

Personally, I think girls who think of themselves as attractive - which isn't always the same as actually being so - often try to play 'hard to get' or just keep themselves off-limits. A lot of rather average looking women think of themselves this way. On the other hand, it seems if you hit the right buttons it's not all that impossible to land the 'hot chick', especially if she doesn't have that attitude.

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?
Didn't read the whole thread (yet); how would one hit the right buttons online? Or at a random encounter, for that matter?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Didn't read the whole thread (yet); how would one hit the right buttons online? Or at a random encounter, for that matter?
Well I didn't say online, but it could apply there too. Just the things that help with meeting any woman.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Bitterness.
It's true usually. Unless you can get in her circle your a outsider, if you don't have money you're a outsider.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:31 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
You don't have to be rich. If you have looks, that'll be enough as well.
Wrong, if you don't have money you won't be around for long, looks don't last too long, she gets used to that. I'm pretty but pretty broke and trust me I don't get far with really attractive women.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:35 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times
Quote:
Well I didn't say online, but it could apply there too. Just the things that help with meeting any woman.
You started your OP by saying that your experience is only with internet dating. I was just wondering how one gets the attention from a girl who probably has hundreds of emails a week arriving at her inbox.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Wrong, if you don't have money you won't be around for long, looks don't last too long, she gets used to that. I'm pretty but pretty broke and trust me I don't get far with really attractive women.

I work as a construction worker. I'm obviously not rich and it never affected me. My guess is you're not as good looking as you think you are, or perhaps the personality is lacking. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships