Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

Well, I would think you are really weird. After all, if you don't want sex, why are you leading these women on, by making out and kissing? If you don't want sex, give a quick peck on the cheek at the door at the end of the date. Don't come in, and start wrestling on the sofa...because women will think you want sex...

Men are so strange. I will never figure them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Back in college had a lot of one night stands and wild times buttl had been dating someone exclusively for years. Just recently got back into the dating game been doing some online dating and every date turns into sex on the first date terrible problem to have right lol.

Anyhow i jave been wanting to stop this for two reasons first im scared of stds and sleeping with so many random people isnt good for odds but also none of these dates wind up turning into anything often not even hanging out again.

Just curious what a womens reaction would be if a guy turns down first date sex? Btw i should mention these dates have started with kissing and they are always the ones wanting to take it to the bedroom. I dont want to seem like a prude and also dont want them to think im not into them but also dont want to sleep with everydate on the first nite
I think you can take responsibility for your actions, walk your dates to their door, kiss them goodnight, and leave. Stop putting yourself in situations where it goes far enough for you to have to make that decision on the first date, and you won't have to worry about what women would think.

If you want to be a gentleman, then be one. Nothing is stopping you.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
You need to be careful with first date sex because some people get the idea you then have a "relationship".

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Just curious what a womens reaction would be if a guy turns down first date sex?
In my experience, women really do not appreciate being turned down for sex.

The reactions that I've gotten seem like over-the-top bad acting in community theater. Looks of shock. Interrogations. Accusations. It's quite ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The other responses in this thread just confirms to me the double standard.
This.
If a woman turns down a guy's advance, it's no big deal.
If a guy turns down a woman's advance, it's armageddon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, I would think you are really weird. After all, if you don't want sex, why are you leading these women on, by making out and kissing?

We want a blow job.

But seriously,
We want a blow job.

But really,
Plenty of times I've wrestled on the sofa with someone I wasn't going to have sex with. The reason, I wanted to make out, touch some boobs, but didn't want to have sex.

Why's that difficult to understand?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 AM

591 posts, read 866,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_h View Post
There ARE many of us women who wouldn't like to have sex on the 1st date. So the answer is not all of us would be offended or think you are not into us if you don't pursue sex on the 1st date.

I am your counter-part. I don't want sex on the first date (not moral reasons, but health and other reasons, mainly that a woman who would do that for me would do that for anyone - I'm no alpha, why is she throwing herself at me, she will stab me in the back and do that to another man in three days, etc.)

I'm not even going to kiss you or hug you, or even try to, or even hint at it. I don't know you well enough to know if you want that or not, so best to do nothing at all until you give me a sign, and not until I sense there's chemistry. In fact, I might not even touch you either, as that in itself can be read as sexual, which might offend you; you might not see me as sexually attractive so even doing that would be a faux pas; I go even further: I keep my eyes off your boobs for the most part too, as that can be read as gawking. Yes, I am old-fashioned. Hard being red-blooded as hell along with all that.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 01-31-2012 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, I would think you are really weird. After all, if you don't want sex, why are you leading these women on, by making out and kissing? If you don't want sex, give a quick peck on the cheek at the door at the end of the date. Don't come in, and start wrestling on the sofa...because women will think you want sex...

Some guys - maybe a minority - do like to cuddle, non-sexual touching as women do.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

The reactions that I've gotten seem like over-the-top bad acting in community theater. Looks of shock. Interrogations. Accusations. It's quite ridiculous.

This.

We want a blow job.

But seriously,
We want a blow job.

But really,
Plenty of times I've wrestled on the sofa with someone I wasn't going to have sex with. The reason, I wanted to make out, touch some boobs, but didn't want to have sex.

Yeah it's like, if a man is a lecher there's something wrong with him, yet women complain about him being a horn-dog and only concerned about sex.

Women complain about men only wanting sex on the first date, but when they don't, but the women does, there's something wrong with him.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,876 times
Quote:

This.

We want a blow job.

But seriously,
We want a blow job.

But really,

Found ur response to be very funny but also true. Why cant a guy just want to makeout and touch some boobs but not have sex. I enjoy sex im definately not a prude but if i sleep with every date i have im gonna have a number in the hundreds by the time i settle down with someone. I dnt get whats so wierd about wanting to fool around but not have sex right off the bat

Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
I am not a piece of meat!!! Why should anyone be offended if they are denied sex? Guys deal with it on regular basis, you can grow from rejection. I have denied a couple of women sex, although not on an actual date, but in both cases they were my friends girls (one wife actualy). I love sex as much as the next person, but hold true friendship slightly higher than few minutes of passion. From my experience, first date sex is just that and normaly doesnt lead to much more. When I go on a first date, and like the girl, I will normaly not push to go that far.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:

This.

We want a blow job.

But seriously,
We want a blow job.

But really,

HAHAHAHAHA oh that's freaking RICH! Do you know how petty and childlike boys can act when they don't get sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships