U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM

1,096 posts, read 2,037,705 times
Default ladies, what would you think if a guy turns down first date sex?

Back in college had a lot of one night stands and wild times buttl had been dating someone exclusively for years. Just recently got back into the dating game been doing some online dating and every date turns into sex on the first date terrible problem to have right lol.

Anyhow i jave been wanting to stop this for two reasons first im scared of stds and sleeping with so many random people isnt good for odds but also none of these dates wind up turning into anything often not even hanging out again.

Just curious what a womens reaction would be if a guy turns down first date sex? Btw i should mention these dates have started with kissing and they are always the ones wanting to take it to the bedroom. I dont want to seem like a prude and also dont want them to think im not into them but also dont want to sleep with everydate on the first nite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM

527 posts, read 376,518 times
I'd think you have morals and are seriously looking for a relationship. Also, you are being smart about your sexual health. Kudos to you!

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:19 PM

3,056 posts, read 1,174,203 times
Hmmm...I've never initiated first time sex. I let the man initiate and then he'll find out what I'm prepared or not prepared to do.

I'm sure it would offend a woman to be rejected like that.

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:29 PM

30,105 posts, read 15,214,972 times
Ah your a good person?

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:31 PM

42,261 posts, read 49,078,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I'd think you have morals and are seriously looking for a relationship. Also, you are being smart about your sexual health. Kudos to you!
Me too.

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM

4,783 posts, read 2,320,162 times
I have rejected sex more than a couple of times but it was not necessarily on the first date. One girl gave me drama while others are fine and things remain in good terms.

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:36 PM

23,295 posts, read 11,911,444 times
I'd think you're a keeper and less likely to cheat if you were seeing someone steadily or married.

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM

13,304 posts, read 6,285,116 times
Okay, either I've just been out of the dating scene for a LONG time or you are picking the wrong girls.

A guy wouldn't deny me sex on the first date because it wouldn't even be on the table (no pun intended ). Heck...I'd even be hesitant to kiss a new guy on a first date.

I would think you value your health and respect yourself, and I'd assume you were mature enough to be beyond the "player" stage.

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM

438 posts, read 770,568 times
With the permission of the ladies that this OP is directing this post: As a guy and at my age I would never - repeat NEVER, - want or expect this to happen on a first date - and am terrified of the obvious threats that this type of situation could provide.
I have rejected this proposition many times and find that many women understand my attitude in this regard. Some have been offended that "I don't see them as attractive" and I have just not bothered to call them back.
It's way more than that. A jump in the sack must have way more depth of sentiments.
This also avoids clingy women who try to get it on the first night then want to make it exclusive or a committed relationship.
Sorry - with me it will take a lot of knowledge about the other person, plenty of chemistry, and time to take it any further. I would also appreciate the other party having the same point of view.

Unread 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM

46,790 posts, read 41,245,850 times
1st date sex is a bad idea.
this is a health issue not a moral one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships