Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times

Advertisements

Any women on this board have much luck meeting men in church? I am so sick of every well-meaning elder or old broad yammering about how "I'll find a nice guy in church" OMG! Please. Ironic, but that is one place I don't recommend to single women. I think all Christian single women believe that the best place to find a so-called "good, godly man" is in church and so the men all KNOW THIS, so they kind of get a swelled head about themselves. Single women are always going to outnumber single men in church-that's a fact. The one place I have NEVER found anyone to date is church. Yes, I know my parents are part of this racket. Just because it happened in "their day". Why are single church guys so smug and put up this "front"? And I cannot stand the way they take the term "biblical" or "godly" wife out of context. I think what they really mean is a subservient, docile type woman out of a Mormon cult or something. Sorry guys, ladies I think it's time to start going to sporting events, political stuff, (heck, try taking woodworking classes, who knows.) places where you are outnumbered by men...You may have to do some research.....I know I am critical of others, but aren't most people a little critical of someone or some group out there...
How do women feel about single, so-called "Christian" men? your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM

382 posts, read 758,243 times
Find someone in church? For sure...

This is not the 40s anymore.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
I'm a straight Man but some of my friends were church guys and quite frankly they were WORSE then some of the guys on the street or about the same!

Many of these guys use the disguise God or the Bible to make you feel they are good guys but when the sun sets watch out!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 PM

90 posts, read 321,559 times
While I'm a former minister, a well-placed professional, and single/divorced, I don't expect to find good women at church. I don't even expect to find religious women there any more, who are looking for a decent fellow. I'm all that, but I'm sore from experience with misguided, manipulative women. The church attracts its share of needy persons, and they come due to unconditional love, but I'm not that doormat, and I do my socializing for a partner/wife elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Another attempt to bash the religious

The usual suspects will show up now.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 PM

966 posts, read 2,444,947 times
First of all, it might help to understand that there are many different types of Christians--different denominations, different levels of faith, different levels of spiritual growth, etc. There are as many saints as sinners in any given congregation. To think that meeting a man in church means that you will have met a good man is to court disaster. Some of the worst woman-hating, Biblically uneducated, control freaks are to be found claiming to be Christian--on Sunday morning or any day of the week. In my view, the same criteria should be applied to all, regardless of whether you meet them in church, or any other spiritual context as well. Disappointing right? I do know. Been there, done that.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Another attempt to bash the religious

The usual suspects will show up now.

Can you further elaborate your statement please?

Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Its always better to meet someone at church. You dont want to meet some crazy dark sided people on the streets who are not god warriors.

YouTube - God warrior!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Hey A/C - I'm not the usual suspect ... but I have shown up!

My mom is always harping on my brother about finding a nice girl in church. I wish she'd just leave him alone! Granted, he doesn't date a lot, and the one's he has gone out with have been some real doozies (no - not floozies! LOL) but I don't believe church to be the only place where one is going to find that special "gem".

Having said all that ... my brother is now scoping out Eastern Euro ladies (Ukraine, Russia, Estonia, etc.) because he's just given up on American women and thinks there's something "different" out there for him. No, he's not one of these guys looking for a subservient, domesticated, servant type woman.

Of course, being in the ballroom dance world, I mingle with all manner of Eastern Euros all the time! I've urged him to get into ballroom dance, but he's just not interested. What's a helpful sister to do!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
asked a gal out for coffee at church declined and acted sort of offended.
another i invited to a dance danced with her introduced her to others from her same country, but she kept 9 yards away. i am not seeing what the OP is seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships