Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I'm over it, guarantee her co-workers aren't getting flowers delivered to them today. Can pretty much bank on that. She also said she likes to keep it mellow and not attract attention to herself, because I send her flowers every week? It was a one time thing. RELAX. But now I know. She's the type of chick that a few years down the road, she's still single, wondering why she can't find a man, and wondering why all guys are *******s. I wasn't looking for any play, it was something I thought would be nice to do for her, and I basically got **** on.
I enjoy getting flowers at work, not for attention, but because I'm here more than I am at home. I get home late in the evening so I'd only enjoy them a few hours each night. At least here they brighten up my office and I can enjoy them much longer. Hubby didn't like sending flowers to my job because he didn't want to feel that others thought he was being "showy". After I explained why I like getting them at work, he understood where I was coming from and it made sense to him. But some women don't like getting the attention from co-workers like all the "oooooo's" and "ahhhh's". Whenever I'd get flowers, co-workers would come over like they never saw flowers before and be all ga-ga and say stuff like "oh, your husband must really love you". Really? Am I not worthy? And who sends flowers if they DON'T love the other person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snd485 View Post
I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. For those of us who are single, it just serves a reminder that we're still alone. That said, last year me and a couple of friends went out for drinks on V-day and I surprisingly had a great time. I guess the key is to go out and have fun with someone...it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic!

Also, there are plenty of women who have someone in their lives, married or just in a relationship, who love us, but if they hate V-day, we don't get to celebrate. So it's not just the singles. Some men refuse. So being alone can feel better than being in a partnership and still not being able to celebrate.
It's those women I feel bad for, as they have to also watch the others around them getting to share that joy.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
well looks like im going to buy myself a heart shaped box of chocolates, a bottle of wine and my very own valentines day card tonight

Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
[quote=Currency Pair Crocodile;22977865]I am taking your man card away right now. It's men like you who give the rest of us a bad name.
[quote]

Don't be hatin

Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I made chocholate covered strawberries last night. Went to gym/tanning/shave down this morning. Just washed my mop and am going to get my nails done.

Who's it all for??? MY CAT!!!!!

(doing motion of slicing wrists open right now)

Old 02-14-2012, 10:15 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
But it does let her know that you like her and are capeable of being romanace when it's called for.
My thoughts exactly. It's too early for anything more, and casual enough at the moment where just remembering her and sending a nice message will be good. I am expecting to have the "where is this going" talk soon.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Valentines day has always been the cause of a great deal of stress for me. Well, birthdays, anniversaries, as well because I always want soooooo badly to make it great for my wife. Mrs. Lao really is the love of my life and although she says everyday is valentines day, I still want to do whatever I could possibly do to make it great for her. Even though she is always sweet and thankful, I stress because I feel like I can never do enough to really show her just how amazingly special she is. Our first "vacation" getaway was a valentines treat to the Bellagio in Vegas. Another was a stay at La Costa Spa Resort. Both GREAT things to do, but I always walk away from them feeling like I didnt do enough for her.

You are so sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Since I don't have a boyfriend, I use it as my love day. I buy stuff for family members that mean so much to me.

Ok folks, y'all take a lesson from this!! Awesome!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
I got my girl a dozen red roses in a really nice vase. UPS says they just got delivered a little bit ago.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I enjoy getting flowers at work, not for attention, but because I'm here more than I am at home. I get home late in the evening so I'd only enjoy them a few hours each night. At least here they brighten up my office and I can enjoy them much longer. Hubby didn't like sending flowers to my job because he didn't want to feel that others thought he was being "showy". After I explained why I like getting them at work, he understood where I was coming from and it made sense to him. But some women don't like getting the attention from co-workers like all the "oooooo's" and "ahhhh's". Whenever I'd get flowers, co-workers would come over like they never saw flowers before and be all ga-ga and say stuff like "oh, your husband must really love you". Really? Am I not worthy? And who sends flowers if they DON'T love the other person?

My GF gets embrassed very easy so I'm worried about what her reaction might be when she gets the flowers. She is staying with her daughter and her son in law. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships