Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Save your money. Just put the sign around your own neck and wear a big smile

and nothing else....heh heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 12:42 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Discuss...

I am of the opinion that Valentine's Day is satisfying when you have done what you can do to make the OTHER person's day special and fun...
Repost for March 14th for steak and BJ day and discuss.

I can't seem to get a consensus on steak, bj and **** day...discuss that, too.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I've actually always used Vday to celebrate with my friends. There's always someone who isn't in a relationship, so we'd all get together for happy hour at a restaurant and have a great time. For those who are single do not stay home. Call your gals/guys and meet up at a bar, have some drinks & food and celebrate your friendships. Also you could possibly end up meeting someone and how ironic would it be to have met your future wife/husband on Vday. My best Vday's were spent with friends.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'm really now going off my balcony..

Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
My BF wants to go out, and no doubt be all romantic. I prefer to just ignore the whole thing.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My BF wants to go out, and no doubt be all romantic. I prefer to just ignore the whole thing.
You go girl friend! You tell 'im!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:49 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
Here's my question, I kinda want to send flowers to this girl I know, we've been talking recently, and I don't know, maybe this will seal the deal. But Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year right? Would it be appropriate if I sent her flowers the day before instead of the day of? Or should I just put the order in for Tuesday? Here's my thinking: I send it to her on the day before, sending it the day of would be a bit cliche, everyone gets flowers on Valentine's Day. Maybe sending it to her on Monday would make her feel extra special? Not sure, thoughts?

Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Here's my question, I kinda want to send flowers to this girl I know, we've been talking recently, and I don't know, maybe this will seal the deal. But Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year right? Would it be appropriate if I sent her flowers the day before instead of the day of? Or should I just put the order in for Tuesday? Here's my thinking: I send it to her on the day before, sending it the day of would be a bit cliche, everyone gets flowers on Valentine's Day. Maybe sending it to her on Monday would make her feel extra special? Not sure, thoughts?
If you are just "talking to" her, I wouldn't send her flowers at this stage. It's a little too much too early, IMHO.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:17 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
If you are just "talking to" her, I wouldn't send her flowers at this stage. It's a little too much too early, IMHO.
I've known her for a few months actually. We've been talking and stuff and have gone on a few dates. One of my female friends suggested I do chocolate and a bear on the 13th, and then send flowers on the 14th but I find that to be a bit creepy sending her stuff two days in a row. The point I'm trying to get across is that she's special on any day of the week, not just Valentine's Day.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I've known her for a few months actually. We've been talking and stuff and have gone on a few dates. One of my female friends suggested I do chocolate and a bear on the 13th, and then send flowers on the 14th but I find that to be a bit creepy sending her stuff two days in a row. The point I'm trying to get across is that she's special on any day of the week, not just Valentine's Day.
Well if you are trying to not be cliche, then sending flowers anywhere near V-Day runs opposite to that Maybe give her something that you made yourself? I think for many girls, that's much more meaningful than flowers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships