U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,578 posts, read 4,960,291 times
Reputation: 8979

Advertisements

Firstly if you have to resort to modernity and terms like "relationship" ...It means you don't have one...if you degrade even further and use the term "open relationship" - It means you will NEVER have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I know hundreds of such people. I know of millions.
OK, good for you. I don't know any.

Quote:
Then I suggest you do not try it.
Ya ain't gotta worry about that.


Quote:
The vast majority of humanity does not jump out of airplanes for fun, probably including you. Are you going to tell those who do that they're wrong?
If I jumped out of an airplane for fun, that affects me and me only. If I went somewhere and did the wild thing with some hottie I am not married to, that affects my spouse as well as me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,277 posts, read 3,154,407 times
Reputation: 2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Firstly if you have to resort to modernity and terms like "relationship" ...It means you don't have one...if you degrade even further and use the term "open relationship" - It means you will NEVER have one.
Ah, so my wife and I don't exist.

Gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
How about me?
I know you as someone I talk with on C-D. I don't actually know you as a friend, neighbor or colleague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalfloss View Post
then i am twisted. Except i prefer to think of it as merely 'different'.
ok. :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
 
2,534 posts, read 1,043,039 times
Reputation: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
OK, good for you. I don't know any.
I'd bet large sums of money that you do, and just don't know it. There are a lot of people who know me and might say the same thing you just did. There are way more of us than you think.

Quote:
If I jumped out of an airplane for fun, that affects me and me only. If I went somewhere and did the wild thing with some hottie I am not married to, that affects my spouse as well as me.
If you died, which while rare does happen, it would affect your spouse. When I do the wild thing with a hottie it does not affect mine. 9 times out of 10 she's with me having sex with the same hottie herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This annoys me. (Aside from being an ad hom that I probably ought to report.)
And you're calling someone else puritanical?
Quote:

A college frat boy does it, and it is considered perfectly normal.
What does a college frat boy do that is considered perfectly normal? Have multiple sexual partners? Didn't know your typical college frat boy was married.

Quote:
What is twisted is this society's puritanical hysteria over sexual matters.
What's puritanical about my views? I'm as nasty as the next dude - I LOVE SEX! - It's just the only person I get with is my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I'd bet large sums of money that you do, and just don't know it. There are a lot of people who know me and might say the same thing you just did. There are way more of us than you think.
While I would be willing to take that bet, I acknowledge that there are more people who think like you than most of us know. I just don't think any of my friends are among them, and I know none of my family are.


Quote:

If you died, which while rare does happen, it would affect your spouse
It sure would. It would put a serious amount of money in her bank account.

Quote:
When I do the wild thing with a hottie it does not affect mine. 9 times out of 10 she's with me having sex with the same hottie herself.
That action wouldn't affect your spouse, because she's fine with you doing it, and you're fine with her doing it. My wife and I are not similarly inclined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Chicago
2,169 posts, read 2,313,517 times
Reputation: 2151
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This annoys me. (Aside from being an ad hom that I probably ought to report.) A college frat boy does it, and it is considered perfectly normal.

What is twisted is this society's puritanical hysteria over sexual matters.
You know nothing of a college "frat" boy apparently. We aren't usually married. Also, not even 50% are the type to just sleep around. If anything, they sleep around with girls they do want a committed relationship with. I dont think anyone under the age of 30 is truly comfortable being able to have sex "just for the fun of it" without emotions getting in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM
 
8,012 posts, read 3,964,683 times
Reputation: 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
You know nothing of a college "frat" boy apparently. We aren't usually married.
The post to which I was replying was not speaking about being married. It spoke of viewing sex as sometimes fun like tennis.
Quote:
Also, not even 50% are the type to just sleep around. If anything, they sleep around with girls they do want a committed relationship with. I dont think anyone under the age of 30 is truly comfortable being able to have sex "just for the fun of it" without emotions getting in the way.
Anyone? Despite being told exactly the opposite by several?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top