Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,383,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, they are sort of like subcontractors.
Lol, definitely brings new meaning to the word "partners", doesn't it?

Well I suppose it does take three letters to spell out STD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
How would you know if you have never experienced it?
Outside of a threesome, I was monogamous for 9 years. It's only now that I've got a girlfriend along with my wife.

Quote:
For me, nothing seems as pathetic and boring as hitting a bar every night and bringing home a stranger with whom to have sex, as many do.
And I don't. My girlfriend is someone I've known for many years, and we just took it to the next level.

Quote:
To each his own, but for those of us who have had multi-decade monogamous marriages, I assure you, there is nothing "boring" about sharing your life and your body with someone who loves, respects and adores you.
And I can still do that, without having to be monogamous.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,399 times
Quote:
I have experienced it. My first marriage was monogamous and miserable. My second is neither.

Quote:
I assure you, there is nothing "boring" about sharing your life and your body with someone who loves, respects and adores you.
For you. Others feel differently.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:54 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Of note: My wife's other's birthday party this weekend. I'm making him polynesian meatballs and my famous pizza. While bringing my girlfriend, and my wife has already stating that he's getting "birthday sex".

And I'm completley okay with this.
If I may, what if one of you lose the other girlfriend/boyfriend? Will either of you feel the need to find another in order to keep the balance in your relationship or are each of you OK to be without another while your spouse still has theirs?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

And those who aren't careful deserve their STDs.

Open marraiges don't automatically mean you stick your willy in any wet hole willing to take it. Sure, some may do that, but others may not. Ironically enough, both my other and my wife's other were both virgins before us. Outside of that, STD tests and some measure of trust is needed.

I guess that's a stereotype people have about polyandrous couples, but I will say it's not true. We don't just have sex with all the things.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
If I may, what if one of you lose the other girlfriend/boyfriend? Will either of you feel the need to find another in order to keep the balance in your relationship or are each of you OK to be without another while your spouse still has theirs?
I was without an other when my wife first got with her other. I was jealous, but simply because I was too scared to ask anyone out. My own personal hangups, and mainly dealing with not having an other while she did, and I recognized that and moved on.

The simple point is this: As long as one of us is happy, both of us are happy.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,179,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

The interesting reality is that there seems to be a deal LESS STD transmission among the responsible non-monogamous population that the supposedly monogamous. After all cheaters have a pretty good reason to not get tested, fear of getting caught.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Do you eat the exact same food every day? Variety is the spice of life, and that includes sexuality. It's outdated because it serves no purpose. My wife and I could become monogamous, but why would we want to? What benefit would it have for us? We're having way too much fun.

That's okay!!! If it's not your cup of soup, don't eat it. I can't stand Brussels Sprouts. I find them vile, don't understand why anyone would eat them, and might literally starve to death were they the only food available to me.

But you won't find me chastising those who like them, or telling them they're wrong.

Different strokes. No pun intended.
But you do in a very clever way. You say monogamy is monotonous, boring, outdated and serves no purpose.

If you were really trying to be as open-minded as your relationship is open, you would say I was bored, I found limiting sex to one person monotonous, it serves no purpose to me.

I have been with my husband for close to 20 years and I'm not bored with him sexually (although some of his favorite stories are ) or of our marriage.

Last edited by robee70; 02-02-2012 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,179,182 times
Quote:
My husband and I were married in a monogamous marriage for 15 years. We know.

Quote:
To each his own, but for those of us who have had multi-decade monogamous marriages, I assure you, there is nothing "boring" about sharing your life and your body with someone who loves, respects and adores you.
I would not call it boring. But somehow we managed to get to 20 without the monogamy part.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
If you were really trying to be as open-minded as your relationship is open, you would say I was bored, I found limiting sex to one person monotonous, it serves no purpose to me.
I thought that was implied, but if it makes you feel better, we find the idea boring and to become monogamous serves no purpose for us.

I have said all along, if you (the generic you) find monogamy desirable, then find a spouse who agrees and live happily ever after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships