Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am very much attracted to older women. I doubt one would marry me being that I'm only 26 and all
My husband is 13 years younger than me. There's hope for you, yet.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My husband is 13 years younger than me. There's hope for you, yet.
I'm taking a break I don't want to contribute more bad luck I have with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I'm taking a break I don't want to contribute more bad luck I have with women.
Breaks are good. They give you fresh perspective.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Breaks are good. They give you fresh perspective.
I just need to figure out why I can't keep a woman interested beyond a month of dating. Part of me believes I should date older women seeing as they don't play games and know what they want. Therapy might be in order because it's an issue I've been having for 2 years.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:47 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,752 times
I would itd be great bc he would have life experience and would be able to help guide me and hed be mature of course. so again yes i would

Old 02-18-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I just need to figure out why I can't keep a woman interested beyond a month of dating. Part of me believes I should date older women seeing as they don't play games and know what they want. Therapy might be in order because it's an issue I've been having for 2 years.
Yeah. Give therapy a try. Sometimes, you just need to work through it to get yourself into a place where a relationship will be possible.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM

20,761 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I was married to a 2 year younger guy and it felt like there was a decade between us even though he was very smart.

I am usually drawn to slightly older. Current bf is 9 years older.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:33 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
You know, it might not be anything with you (or them) it could just be you aren't a good match. When I did online dating I never kept interested (or was interested) in anyone more than a few dates. It just wasn't right. Took me took me two years to finally meet someone else (and the person I dated two years ago wasn't really good either... it just lasted a few months. The relationship was very one sided with me putting in all of the effort and I got dumped anyway). The relationship I am in now is 50/50 with putting effort into things.

Older women can play games, don't fool yourself. Although from what I see they are a lot less likely to do so and are more mature in a lot of other ways too (less needy, less insecure, more confident sexually, etc).

You should take a break though, at least, I always did and I found when I did it lead to stronger me and stronger relationships in time. Kind of like working out... you can't do it everyday, you need rest to recoup.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
You know, it might not be anything with you (or them) it could just be you aren't a good match. When I did online dating I never kept interested (or was interested) in anyone more than a few dates. It just wasn't right. Took me took me two years to finally meet someone else (and the person I dated two years ago wasn't really good either... it just lasted a few months. The relationship was very one sided with me putting in all of the effort and I got dumped anyway). The relationship I am in now is 50/50 with putting effort into things.

Older women can play games, don't fool yourself. Although from what I see they are a lot less likely to do so and are more mature in a lot of other ways too (less needy, less insecure, more confident sexually, etc).

You should take a break though, at least, I always did and I found when I did it lead to stronger me and stronger relationships in time. Kind of like working out... you can't do it everyday, you need rest to recoup.
The good thing is we saved our friendship. Now, I need to figure out why I keep attracting the wrong women.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:59 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Sure!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships