Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:46 PM

270 posts, read 387,633 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to live without love in your life? after many disappointments,betrayals and heartaches it just seems like the best thing to do is just live life and not worry about finding a companion in life. Lots of friends say that it's not normal and basically impossible. But what if you're just fed up and tired?? What's the big deal about spending the rest of your life by yourself but still have a full life with freinds and family???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,408 times
Take a break and spend time on yourself.

You are worthy of love and happiness in your life and you will find it eventually but love can't find its way into your life when you are in the mindset of that post.

Don't be so discouraged!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:51 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Is it possible to live without love in your life? after many disappointments,betrayals and heartaches it just seems like the best thing to do is just live life and not worry about finding a companion in life. Lots of friends say that it's not normal and basically impossible. But what if you're just fed up and tired?? What's the big deal about spending the rest of your life by yourself but still have a full life with freinds and family???
If you feel you can have a full life without a mate, more power to you. I think love is totally overrated and I like to rebel against society's notion that you ain't without a significant other.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:54 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
Love can come from family and friends as well. Are you saying that absolutely no one loves you in any capacity?

Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM

526 posts, read 955,256 times
OP, how old are you? I think that after someone breaks our heart, it's normal to feel that way. Even more normal when it happens more than one. Take some time to work on yourself, and love YOU. If you don't love yourself, you can't expect to find someone who will.

I know couple of people who are older and never married or remarried (after a divorce or the death of their partner) and they don't seem happy to me. They have the love of their friends and their families but I think there's more to life than that kind of love. I sure wish not to spend the rest of my life alone. I've had my share of dissapointments and heart breaks, but I still believe in love and I hope to find it once again.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
I think that some people have that need to be paired off with someone to be happy...I'm not one of those people. I'm so independent that I can't really see sharing my life with a mate.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OP, how old are you? I think that after someone breaks our heart, it's normal to feel that way. Even more normal when it happens more than one. Take some time to work on yourself, and love YOU. If you don't love yourself, you can't expect to find someone who will.

I know couple of people who are older and never married or remarried (after a divorce or the death of their partner) and they don't seem happy to me. They have the love of their friends and their families but I think there's more to life than that kind of love. I sure wish not to spend the rest of my life alone. I've had my share of dissapointments and heart breaks, but I still believe in love and I hope to find it once again.

I'm 37.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Love can come from family and friends as well. Are you saying that absolutely no one loves you in any capacity?

I know that my family and friends love me but in a romantic sense ..No. In my 37 years I haven't met one decent loving man who has not been either disrespectful or deceitful or in some way abusive (emotionally)

Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM

I think I'm a good person but it seems like you're expected to be a model or asthetically perfect. It doesnt seem to count if you're a good person

Old 02-01-2012, 05:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I know that my family and friends love me but in a romantic sense ..No. In my 37 years I haven't met one decent loving man who has not been either disrespectful or deceitful or in some way abusive (emotionally)
I'm older then you jazzy and I hear you loud and clear girlfriend! I see lots of couples around me and they seem happy (although you never know) so I'd like to say yes, you and I will find it. But I'm not holding my breath
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships