U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM

4,228 posts, read 3,357,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
The first one who messaged me just said "Hi". I responded and never heard from her again. The second one actually responded again after I responded to her initial message, but then I didn't hear from her for about three weeks. She finally responded, we exchanged a couple of messages, and now I haven't heard from her for about a week and a half. The women I do find appealing ALL live in Canada, so I don't even bother with those. Apparently I need to move to Canada.

Edit: I've answered about 7-800 of those questions.
There are women who might not like what you are talking in conversation and might block you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,200,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
NO, you're not. Just saw your pics. You are cute with a hot body. Match.com guys are just screwed up.
LOL. eh, its the same response I get from men when I'm out too so I shouldn't be surprised. Just figured I'd broaden my search to online as well and I'm not seeing a difference. clearly looks don't mean anything like so many men on here claim.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM

8,907 posts, read 7,157,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There are women who might not like what you are talking in conversation and might block you.
I've only talked to two (both who contacted me first), and one has continually responded, but with a long gap in between responses. The other one may have blocked me, but I have no idea why since we never got beyond a greeting.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Some of them I do and no response. maybe some havent been online yet so who knows. one that did write me back turned out to be crazy! I slept with him once and he was already getting possessive of me questioning who I'm with and what I'm doing. I can't take that no matter how good looking anyone is! That and I don't know if they just forgot that they already viewed my profile and simply didn't write me the first time they viewed me becuase they didn't like something. I figure they have no reason to hesitate to write me..maybe that's a terrible assumption to make but that's what I think.
Then message someone who is active. He must have really liked you so he wanted to know if you were someone else. He was looking for a serious relationship or else why would he be possessive?

One big requirement on there is age. It may say they want a guy to contact them between 25-35 years old and if he is 36 then he will move on.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
welp...then I guess I'm the ugly one
A lot of the women will write they if a guy is just looking for sex then they should move on. Women can get sex easily and they are looking for a relationship.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
There is some truth to that but from what I gather many of those messages are one liners or less. I can say that because I have read hundreds of profiles and I have seen that stated several times. It will say something like don't contact me unless you have something to talk about.

It's also a sad fact it's almost always the men that are expected to do the contacting.
It has always been that way even in real life. Men has to initiate and ask out. Its part of life. This also tells me that women get many messages from men.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,200,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Then message someone who is active. He must have really liked you so he wanted to know if you were someone else. He was looking for a serious relationship or else why would he be possessive?

One big requirement on there is age. It may say they want a guy to contact them between 25-35 years old and if he is 36 then he will move on.
I do that too.

oh I have no doubt he was attracted to me...and the light between my legs is what he liked as well . I had only known him barely a week and he didnt claim me as his..so the possessiveness is scary at that point! He didnt believe me when I was at dance practice one night, demanding to know who else I'm effing around with. he blew me off twice too and he lied to me excessively in just a week of knowing him! If he wanted to make me his g/f all he had to do was do it and therefore I would have stopped seeing other guys. I was attracted enough to him but I don't do liars and demanding control freaks.

ya, the age thing makes sense. I put up to age 33 (I'm 25) but most of the time even guys that are 30 ish start to become oddly incompatible to me, not sure why. I like older men..but not more than 10 years older.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I've only talked to two (both who contacted me first), and one has continually responded, but with a long gap in between responses. The other one may have blocked me, but I have no idea why since we never got beyond a greeting.
Some will just block you for no big reason.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 PM

572 posts, read 310,356 times
Luckily, a woman messaged me first.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I do that too.

oh I have no doubt he was attracted to me...and the light between my legs is what he liked as well . I had only known him barely a week and he didnt claim me as his..so the possessiveness is scary at that point! He didnt believe me when I was at dance practice one night, demanding to know who else I'm effing around with. he blew me off twice too and he lied to me excessively in just a week of knowing him! If he wanted to make me his g/f all he had to do was do it and therefore I would have stopped seeing other guys. I was attracted enough to him but I don't do liars and demanding control freaks.

ya, the age thing makes sense. I put up to age 33 (I'm 25) but most of the time even guys that are 30 ish start to become oddly incompatible to me, not sure why. I like older men..but not more than 10 years older.
Light? Flashlight? So you slept with him knowing him only a week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships