Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 PM

15 posts, read 9,592 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I am writing in some detail here so please bare with me....

So three Summers ago I met this woman while I was out with some friends and we ended up going on a couple of dates right after that. Things went great in my opinion. We kissed a few times and I think the chemistry was good. However, it turned out she ended up moving to another state right after that. She actually did invite me to come with her. I had to decline because of work reasons. Anyway, about a year or more goes by and we became friends on facebook. From there, we caught up with each other a little bit and she was going to school in Oklahoma. I live in Colorado.

I thought I probably wouldn't see her again, but last summer, she was about 1.5 hours from me visiting some friends and she invited me to come down and meet her. I spent all night with her and her friends. Nothing happened between us, as she had a BF back in Oklahoma. But I think we still had a nice time.

From there, we kept in touch on and off mainly through text and phone. She actually ended up breaking up with her BF too and is now single. I still wasn't sure I would ever see her again, and the last time we talked was about 3 months ago. Anyway, out of no where, she text me 2 weeks ago while I was working and said she was back in town, about an hour from where I was, and we should meet up to catch up. I was excited because I still do like her even after all of this time. I drove the hour drive later that night to see her. She told me she was staying with her friend and her friend's BF and she would just tell her friend that I was coming over and I could stay the night...

Anyway, when I arrived later that night, her friend was still working for about another hour. We decided to go into a local eatery and we caught up with each other for about an hour. We hugged, and when I went in for the kiss, she accepted and we had a great kiss. About an hour into it, her friend and bf come over and they tell us to follow them over to their place.

When we got there, I was making small talk with her BF and she was talking with her friend. She was also very touchy feely with me. Very much so to the point I wasn't even sure how to react. I was just being myself and going with the flow. We kissed a couple of more times. About 30 minutes into getting there, the friend and her bf go to bed for the night, leaving the two of us alone. She wanted to go in the basement to watch a movie, so we went down there.

I was trying to figure out how to work the TV, and she said she would call her friend down to help us. When her friend came down, instead of just helping us and leaving, she sat in the middle of the two of us, effectively separating me and my love interest. This happened for the duration of the entire movie and by the time it was over, we were all asleep! I woke up as the movie ended and my crush was asleep in a bed in a different room. I went in there and tried to see if she was awake, but she was snoring and not waking up anytime soon. I went to bed with her and that was that.

The next morning, I was supposed to hang around until about 2ish and get lunch and check out the town with her and her friend. I woke her up early and told her I had to go to work earlier than I thought. She was cool with that and drove me to my car. On the way to the car, she told me she was going to be about 20 minutes from where I worked later in the day to visit some Family. I mentioned, "We should meet up when I get off of work and get dinner." She did not say anything, no response at all. I then said, " I'll just call you when I get off of work around 6:30" and she said OK.

When she dropped me off at the car, she hugged me and we even kissed again! I thought we would be on for dinner later that night, or at a minimum, she would take a rain check for another time. She was only in town for about 4-5 more days though.

As the day rolled on, I text her asking her what she was up to. She did not respond to that. I then called her when I got off of work to see if she wanted to meet for dinner. I left a Voicemail and she did not return the call. The next day I sent her a text and I just asked her if she received my message and if she was still close by in town? She did not answer that...

So, I wait like 4 days and this would be the last day she might still be in town. I called her one more time and left a VM again. Still nothing. I even asked her if I did something to upset her and to just let me know what is going on? Nothing at all. Crickets chirping.

So, I am confused and I am writing on here to you all because I don't know what to do. Obviously, there is not much I can do at all if she won't respond, but why do you think this happened? At a minimum, you would think she would give me some excuses or just tell me straight up that she was not interested, but instead, after all of this, I don't even get a response back? She knows I like her. She knows I hustled down to meet her with an hour+ drive. On top of that, she was the one being touchy with me most of the time. That is why I am super confused here. I guess I should just delete her number and move on? Any and all opinions much appreciated!! THANKS!

Last edited by js1984; 05-28-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
well with the voicemessages and all you've effectively put the ball in her court.
keep her number, but put it on ice, if she intends to come around she'll come around otherwise her silence says everything it needs...

Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
That's whack. Drop it like it's hot unless she messages you back with a good excuse as to why she's been MIA.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times
I really dont know what to tell you bro. You were obviously getting the vibe from her. Strange.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:41 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
You have been "friend zoned" It may not be anything in particular that you did wrong, perhaps she just didn't feel chemistry like she had thought. Her friend sitting between you was your first hint. Don't worry about it, just continue with your life. I wouldn't be holding my breath for her to call me. You have tried hard enough to contact her, she just isn't honest enough to be honest with you. move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships