Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I figure if I kiss a guy at the end of the date and HE doesn't say he had a great time and wants to do it again, he must not like me. It's sorta been drilled into me that if a guy likes you, he'll do most of the initiating if you give him a little encouragement. TO ME, the kiss she gave you was the encouragement!

I would say call her for sure.
I dunno a lot of guys and girls these days are clueless with non-verbal communication. Since everything is text, they're less skilled in the art of non-verbal communication or picking up the subtle meanings of words.

Romantic comedies of past eras were intelligent and romantic.

The ones today are just bufoonish and stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM

526 posts, read 955,048 times
If I were her I'd wait for you to call for a second date. I am old fashioned so maybe she is as well. I would only kiss a guy on the mouth if I wanted to see him again.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I dunno a lot of guys and girls these days are clueless with non-verbal communication. Since everything is text, they're less skilled in the art of non-verbal communication or picking up the subtle meanings of words.

Romantic comedies of past eras were intelligent and romantic.

The ones today are just bufoonish and stupid.
Another way to look at it is calling her wont hurt his chances. If she's already made up her mind to not see him again, calling her wont change that. He has nothing to lose.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,424 times
Dude, first of all, please use punctuations! I had a hard time understanding what you are saying Second of all, she kissed you, so that's a good sign right there. If she's not into you at all, there is no reason to kiss you. So do what the other fine folks here suggested and send her a message or give her a call in a day or two, and see if she wants to go out again. Problem solved!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Another way to look at it is calling her wont hurt his chances. If she's already made up her mind to not see him again, calling her wont change that. He has nothing to lose.
Nothing to lose except... pride, which admittedly is worth less than nothing when it comes to dating

Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Was it a quick 1 second kiss on the lips or did it last more than 5 seconds that was the lingering kind? Open or closed mouth? When she kissed you, did you "kiss back" or was it all her? Sometimes a girl is just trying to be nice. Yes, some girls are not always honest about how they feel just like some guys aren't always up front and honest. Just sayin'...don't always assume a kiss on the lips means she's interested.
i dont know anyone that would kiss someone else if they werent interested. For the record it was a second kiss closed mouth considering it was in a corporate building

Old 02-03-2012, 09:15 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i dont know anyone that would kiss someone else if they werent interested. For the record it was a second kiss closed mouth considering it was in a corporate building
Really? You never heard of sex without attachment or emotion either? Sometimes people just go with the flow because they're being nice and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Not saying she is like that but the point I'm trying to make is don't always assume that a kiss automatically means interest. Personally, for me, if the kiss doesn't make me tingle or make me weak, I'll lose interest in the guy. So based on your description of this kiss, it doesn't sound like an "end of the date, had a great time, can't wait to see you again" sort of kiss. Sounds like she quickly planted one on you. My husband visits me at work and I work in a corporate financial institution building so when I kiss him, it's a quick peck on the lips. If you genuinely believe she is interested then call her and ask her on another date. Stop analysing what happened or didn't happen and go with your gut feelings. This doesn't have to be complicated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships