Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times

Advertisements

If any girl ever wants to date me again, she'll have to be okay with dates consisting of a walk or bike ride and then dinner at home, then maybe watching a movie on the computer. I don't even have a sofa because I can't justify the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Back when I was dating, I didn't mind going to an expensive restaurant, but it depended on the woman I was dating and how important she was to me. Now that I'm married we still go out to dinner once a week, every Thursday night, and some weeks we go out more often. We have a favorite little hole in the wall place called Greenspring Inn, it's located about 65 miles from our home up in the mountains on a windy road. I like to surprise her and take her there for lunch, or dinner when she least expects it. They have cabins there we could rent for an overnight stay for about $200, which I think is a bit expensive. I have never been sorry for spending a bit more than usual when we were dating, the memories will last me for the rest of my life, I wouldn't have wanted to do anything different. When we were dating she always left me with a smile on my face and a song in my heart, now I have that 24/7.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
I never go on spending overdrive when I'm on a date. The money I would spend on her is no more than the money I'd spend on myself. If I'm eating a $20 burger, she's eating a $20 burger (if she wants).

[no more, no less]

Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
If I take a date to dinner, I always say they can get whatever they want. I never take a first date to an expensive restaurant though, but a decent steakhouse definitely, so a meal can run up to 25-30 bucks, which isn't a tall order IMO.

I don't go around spending huge quantities of cash either, not when i barely know the woman.

In a committed relationship? OK, we'll spend some.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
for all the women that really mattered i found a great restaurant that they liked, most always a hole in the wall great food, and we have a great time and does not break the bank. we went back again and again or someplace like it. the gals that ran up monster restaurant and bar bills never got asked out again. do they do it to be mean or just some sort of strange thrill of running up a big tab?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
It doesn't sound like anyone considers the benefits or expected benefits of dating. Implicitly, if you think dating has 0 expected benefits, why do you date and spend money? That's irrational: micro-economics 101.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
well according to the article the total cost is $40,000 and that is even before the marriage has completed 1 day!
A complete moron would spend $40K on dating. Really.

I dated my husband for 5 1/2 years before we got married and I can guarantee you we didn't even come close to that figure.

But, I didn't date morons so maybe my experience doesn't count.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Even if she does all of that, she stops doing once she has hooked the man.
WRONG...I go every other week to have my nails done and once a month for a pedicure. I get my haircut as needed. I purchase new make-up when it's needed and keep my wardrobe updated and maintained. I'm not high maintenance but I'm not going to dress and look like a slob just because I'm married.

I try to maintain my fitness and my health as well.

I wouldn't want him to get all sloppy and homely looking, so why would I do that??

Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
LOL so she didn't have any clothes before? Is the guy not wearing anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Dating is expensive for both men and women.

In the beginning the man may be springing for expensive dinners, entertainment, gifts, etc. But the woman typically spends a lot to look good by buying new clothes, shoes, lingerie, getting manicures/pedis, getting her hair done, facials, etc.

That's just how it is.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I take a date to dinner, I always say they can get whatever they want. I never take a first date to an expensive restaurant though, but a decent steakhouse definitely, so a meal can run up to 25-30 bucks, which isn't a tall order IMO.

I don't go around spending huge quantities of cash either, not when i barely know the woman.

In a committed relationship? OK, we'll spend some.
You actually say that?? Please tell me you don't say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships