Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 07:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

This thread is all Chow's fault. He made me do it by posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think he most likely does genuinely care about you, although the back and forth bit would get old, but anyway, I think he might be the type of dude that doesn't actually say the words, I think if you want this guy and like him and want to keep him around, you might have to accept in your heart that he might not be capable of saying the words... I know a lot of men have a hard time with verbalizing their feelings.

Not making excuses for him, but thinking about the end game and the cold hard realities of it.

Why do some guys have this problem? I have even seen this happen within long-term marriages. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:18 PM

Oh, and look, rbohm said it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it sounds to me like he said he loves you, just not in words. while he may be over his ex, he may not be ready to actually say the words i love you back to you, yet. but he did show you in the form of action. some guys are that way.
Why are some guys that way?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 PM

663 posts, read 778,125 times
err because actions mean 1000x louder than words?

I see girls say to each other "oh you look so pretty!!" when they don't really mean it or just falsely try to ego boost each other.

Whereas the guy is the exact opposite and prefers to get his actions do the talking?

This is logic 101 here.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM

35 posts, read 40,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Oh, and look, rbohm said it too!

Why are some guys that way?
My husband feels like he is imitating a movie when he verbalizes his feelings.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina545 View Post
My husband feels like he is imitating a movie when he verbalizes his feelings.
lol wow

Old 08-03-2014, 07:31 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Well, biologically speaking (and in general) men have less developed verbal sides of the brain (in favor of the part of the brain that controls hand-eye movement). That's why more men than women have problems with speech after a stroke. The theory behind it is the brain uses a lot of resources, so we evolved slightly differently. Men hunted and developed ways to hunt (hand eye, etc) better and women gathered and gathering takes more communication because you have to explain where to find the food, which foods are the right ripeness, etc, etc.

I think if more women just understood that a lot of men have a problem with saying, "I love you." And more men understood how extremely important it is to a lot of women to hear the words, "I love you." Then things would be better for both. Of course, you have to discuss that on a couple-by-couple basis really.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:32 PM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I just sort of freeze up when talking about really heavy stuff, I can do it if it isn't my feelings.

I'm actually a little ashamed of myself for it, it's not something that we argue about and I don't think it bothers her too much.

I can't really explain it.

Saying that isn't a cop out, it's just I can't explain it.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:39 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Men have been conditioned that it is feminine to express one's feelings so they hold them inside. Women say they want men to share their feelings but they would only resent them for showing "weakness" and not being strong enough for them if they actually did.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I think it's just how some people are. Some guys are brought up to think talking about their feelings is not a manly thing to do, for others it may be a pride thing, and some people think it's a testosterone thing. Honestly I don't think a lot of people like to feel vulnerable.

I'm not a guy but for me it's a pride, vulnerability, and fear of rejection thing. I have never been really good at showing people I like how I feel, let alone telling people how I feel about them. When I was a child, I was very affectionate but when it came to confessing to a guy how I felt, I always froze up.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, biologically speaking (and in general) men have less developed verbal sides of the brain (in favor of the part of the brain that controls hand-eye movement). That's why more men than women have problems with speech after a stroke. The theory behind it is the brain uses a lot of resources, so we evolved slightly differently. Men hunted and developed ways to hunt (hand eye, etc) better and women gathered and gathering takes more communication because you have to explain where to find the food, which foods are the right ripeness, etc, etc.

I think if more women just understood that a lot of men have a problem with saying, "I love you." And more men understood how extremely important it is to a lot of women to hear the words, "I love you." Then things would be better for both. Of course, you have to discuss that on a couple-by-couple basis really.

I think this is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships