Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:11 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiousity, to all of you in the mid-twenties, what percentage of 22-26 year old girls "go all the way" on the first date? Not bar pickups, or drunken hook-ups at parties, but actually "guy calling girl up and making plans to go someplace with them dates" ?
Maybe, I'm hopelessly out-fashioned but I think that there is a difference between "one night bar pick-ups" and going on a date.

Of course, I'm part of the older population who believe that oral sex (ala' Bill Clinton) is actual SEX and not the equivalent of shaking hands and saying "hello" to someone. It is still a puzzle to me when teenage girls INSIST that giving/receiving oral sex is NOT SEX. And, they can not understand how older people can possible view it as sex. Heck, it even has the word sex in it's name!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Just out of curiousity, to all of you in the mid-twenties, what percentage of 22-26 year old girls "go all the way" on the first date? Not bar pickups, or drunken hook-ups at parties, but actually "guy calling girl up and making plans to go someplace with them dates" ?
Maybe, I'm hopelessly out-fashioned but I think that there is a difference between "one night bar pick-ups" and going on a date.

Of course, I'm part of the older population who believe that oral sex (ala' Bill Clinton) is actual SEX and not the equivalent of shaking hands and saying "hello" to someone. It is still a puzzle to me when teenage girls INSIST that giving/receiving oral sex is NOT SEX. And, they can not understand how older people can possible view it as sex. Heck, it even has the word sex in it's name!
I doubt that her issues have anything at all to do with not having sex on the first date. That's totally ridiculous.

The truth is we can only speculate as to what the source of her difficulties are. If she's getting asked out on first dates, but not second dates, then I'm inclined to say it's a personality problem.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,574 times
I had a similar problem and here's something I tried and it worked for me. After the 1st date, I send the guy a text saying I had a great time and to give me a call if he wants to hang out again. I'm sorta shy when I first meet someone so I've been told I come off as a little disinterested. I think sending a quick message let's the guy know you're interested and that he won't be rejected if he chooses to ask you out again.

Also, in response to germaine2626, I'm in my 20s and sex on the first date isn't as uncommon as you think. I'm not into it, but from conversations with my friends (girls and guys, also in their 20s, it happens pretty frequently).

Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a woman
Boy, you are a hidden gem. Never been on a date costing more than $50? And you buy drinks? The guy who finds you will think - wow!, what a keeper.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,696 times
Don't you think that it's also very convenient for a girl to say, after not getting called back for a 2nd date, "He was just looking to get laid, and I'm not that type of girl"? It sounds so believable when she tells her girlfriends.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:09 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Snd485 wrote: I had a similar problem and here's something I tried and it worked for me. After the 1st date, I send the guy a text saying I had a great time and to give me a call if he wants to hang out again. I'm sorta shy when I first meet someone so I've been told I come off as a little disinterested. I think sending a quick message let's the guy know you're interested and that he won't be rejected if he chooses to ask you out again.

That's a great idea. I think that my niece also is very shy & nervious when she meets new people and may not give off the right first impression.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:20 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times
It's so hard to say what's happening without actually being there. My daughter rarely comes out of a first date without a bunch of plans already in place for more. But she doesn't really date, she has relationships...meaning she rarely just "goes out" with someone she doesn't already know in some capacity so the initial getting to know you phase has already occured. And if the first date goes well it's just assumed that things are going to last awhile.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Listening to my Sons, a girl's being discovered as being 'Pro Obama', 'Pro "Life"', 'Pro Immigration', or 'Anti Evolution' instantly turn her into "Couldn't get rid of her fast enough." material. Also, they have extreme contempt for gals in worthless degree programs (and with Cinderella Complexes).

They are actually typical of kids in our crowd in our old town, in that regard. A look at Mississippi Magazine's wedding issue confirms that kids there are only marrying those with (or on-track for) degrees/careers equal in prestige and potential lucre. Being pretty (or the right race and religion) is far less important than having a Law degree.

Wearing obvious makeup, or having skanky painted nails, would prevent a girl from being asked out, in the first place. But the boys' discovering that girls are "typical princesses", is something which emerges on first dates. Deal breaker. They like no-nonsense women on good career paths, who have no time at all for typical female time-wasting (and mind games). They want someone who wants to get together and s#$%w...as an end objective...not as a ploy for getting possessive. The girls who end up at our breakfast table are the sort who have to be back at the hospital, because they are in residency...or who have to prep for the big case the firm is handling. They and Sons are checking their calendars, to see when they can get together again. Do I have to mention the boys like smart women?

Also, if Sons discover a gal has EVER done drugs, it's over before it began. Smoking is instant Anathema, and drinking more than a bit of wine means they may 'do' you once, but will not call you again (they've heard all their lives, that drinking causes inferior offspring, and do not want to father any losers).

Oh, and two more.... I've heard them, more than once, dismissing some little do-gooder as an "Amy Biehl". And gals prone to either 'Conservative' or 'Liberal' extremes are labeled "Wing Nuts". (They are well enough versed in Psychology, to know that Ideologue = Narcissist).

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 02-06-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 07:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Sorry, your niece gave up her chances with me when she felt that a Rube Goldberg Machine was important
Stupid me just found out what it was. Who the hell cares?! This stuff and no sense of humor pretty much explains things. I bet they ask them for their 5-year plans!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Ok, so what is a Rube Goldberg Machine? I don't keep up on current anything, especially politics.
A machine (or system) that takes a simple task and employs an elaborate, complicated process to accomplish it.

[it's actually rather cool if you don't mind waiting for your orange juice]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships