Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,363,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Well, this just happened to me. I thought the date was going well: he was incredibly flirty, attentive, sweet, funny, wanted to know all about me. We seemed to have a lot in common, and I thought for sure that we had hit it off (During the date, I was thinking of the things we could do together because we had so much in common). I was really excited to have met someone who I had so much in common with and who was so much fun. He didn't tell me he was going to call, but I thought for sure he would. (Not to sounds snotty, but I can't tell you the last time a guy didn't call me for at least a second date, even after dates that seemed disastrous.) Then NOTHING. I was shocked. I was actually really excited about him. Had he said he'd call, then I would've been more upset, but the truth is that I guess he didn't owe me anything. I just found it odd that he was seemingly so enthusiastic over our meeting that he didn't call. So, I guess I'd tell you not to give false hope. If you're not interested, don't act overly friendly or flirty and do not call.

How far did you go on this date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,092 times
Quote:
How far did you go on this date?
About 2.5 blocks from my apartment.

No, really. We met for about an hour over coffee, and all of a sudden he said, "Okay, I have to go to the gym now. Nice meeting you."

I don't really do anything on first dates, particularly with someone I've just met.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,442,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
Ladies, you are on a first date with a guy, you are really into him, and you think the date is going great, you are laughing, smiling, lightly flirting, over all having a great time...

I as a male have been on many first dates like this, when I just don't see a future with her mentally, physically I'm attracted to her, but the more I talk to her on the date, the less attractive she becomes to me. I've heard of guys being rude and just walking off or ending the date abruptly, or just being unteresting or cold... But I figure why act like that especially if I know she's really into me, plus whe are already out, so why not, smile, laugh, joke, and have a good time and but at the sametime I don't want to lead her on

So my question to the ladies is what do you want us guys to do? I know everyone hates -male or female- when someone you thought you had a great time with just doesn't call you after the first date. Should I explain it to them after the first date face to face? What should I say? Would women perfer if I said, we could still be good friends if you wanted?

Also, another question is what do you say when a girl you aren't attracted to physically asks you out (she knows you are single or I could just say I have a girl), the thing is, should I just be direct and say I'm not attracted to you? I know that in the past by trying to spare her feelings and not just say no I'm not into you, they just keep coming back or If I just say no, they always ask why? I'm friendly and fun toward everyone, but many women have in the past taken it as me liking them personally, not noticing that I act that way toward everyone, male or female
What's wrong with just making a friend?

So you're on a first date and instantly sizing her up for potential long term relationship material? How can you get an accurate picture of someone on a first date anyhow?

Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,985,766 times
If the date isn't going well, and she's being disrespectful, I tell her to smell my finger.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 519,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What's wrong with just making a friend?

So you're on a first date and instantly sizing her up for potential long term relationship material? How can you get an accurate picture of someone on a first date anyhow?

I date with the purpose of finding a long-term girlfriend and eventually wife, but that's me, so if that's not your style in dating, I understand. There is no right or wrong way, it's what is your goal.

Your second question isn't easy to answer, sometimes you can, sometimes you can't? Every date is different. Every person is different. My question was in general... for example if someone cripple was sitting at the table next to us, and your date started making fun of them for being cripple... for me that is a turn off LuckyGem, so no we wouldn't have a future...

Again, that's just my style and purpose in dating, you may only want something short-term or just physical, so maybe you can see yourself tolerating that in the short run to get what you want from them..

Last edited by qwy; 02-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,886,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you are old enough to date, you are old enough to be truthful with the people you choose to connect with. If you can't be honest enough to say, "nice to have met you, but sorry to say, this doesn't feel like a good fit for me..."

then you need to stay home and leave dating to the grownups.
This.

Always.

Everyone!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 PM

483 posts, read 1,221,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
wow, seriously? encouraging bad behavior and deceipt?
Sorry for the off-topicness and not to be a spelling nazi, but reading "deceipt" made me seriously LOL.

Anyways, yes, finish the date. Don't just get up and leave... then just say the date was fun, we'd probably be good friends, but I don't think we're romantically compatible.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,638,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There's no need for being disrespectful. Absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I don't think we're compatible" and leave it at that.
This.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,201,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you are old enough to date, you are old enough to be truthful with the people you choose to connect with. If you can't be honest enough to say, "nice to have met you, but sorry to say, this doesn't feel like a good fit for me..."

then you need to stay home and leave dating to the grownups.
A lot of people who are dating aren't grownups then.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,950,821 times
To the girl that asked you out and you are not intersted, how about, "wow I am flattered, but no thank you".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships