Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Please see above... no exclusivity needed...
Theres a difference between needed and wanted.

Conclusion the same, hes a narcissist. He loves himself and wants you to feel the same. You know, becoz hes all that and a bag a chips. He wants you to ask him for an exclusive relationship.

Make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Sounds like he was testing you - I wouldn't be surprised if he made the whole thing up just to see how you'd react. If he was expecting you to get jealous, why would he so willingly tell you about it unless it was a test? Either he just likes to mess with women's feelings or he wanted things to make things exclusive with you and this was his way of finding out if you felt the same way. Not the kind of game playing you want to be involved with anyway, good riddance.
It probably didn't happen thinking about it now unless the dude's a player and he can get anyone he wants {OP could answer that not us}. So it's like I said, the dude got attached and he wanted to find out if you felt the same way. Clearly you don't so now he's probably pissed as a result.

Same rules apply when dating a co-worker or messing around with a co-worker. Slept with one almost a month ago and she's getting attached. She has a boyfriend too.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
I do not understand, what do you guys think?
I think that unless you want more problems than you can handle, you ought to let him go. He's talking out of both sides of his neck. You don't need that.

Thinking...

Mircea

Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Dude was falling for you. Friends with benefits is fine after a few weeks, maybe a month but someone always ends up falling for the other.
He wasn't falling TOO hard for her if he slept with someone else on his business trip AND he told her about it after THEY HAD SOME FUN!

Don't waste any more time on this guy, he think's he's God's gift to women.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:28 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He wasn't falling TOO hard for her if he slept with someone else on his business trip AND he told her about it after THEY HAD SOME FUN!
Unless, like I suggested, he never actually slept with anyone else and made the whole thing up just to test her.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Unless, like I suggested, he never actually slept with anyone else and made the whole thing up just to test her.
He failed the test.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,129 times
Quote:
I am confused... I 've met this guy about a month ago, we have being hanging out, we have great chemistry and get alone well.

Last weekend he went on a trip for work, and got back last night, after we had some fun he tells me he met someone on this trip and slept with her.

I was like "great, was she hot?" he looked at me angry and said "you don't give a flying ****, I just told you I slept with someone else!"

from the beginning we stated we wanted no commitmment, no strings, just a fwb relationship. We BOTH agreed to this, we have talked about it several times through out the month, we never said we would be exclusive.

So I asked: "you are mad at me because I am not jealous?" he didn't answer. Needless to say the fun was over

I do not understand, what do you guys think?
This has also happened to me. My advice would be to consider ending it with him if that hasn't already happened. Not because he slept with someone -- since you both talked about it and he was allowed -- but because he is a manipulative jerk.

He is actually angry at YOU for something HE did and that you both discussed. This is the type of person that will find a reason to make you responsible for all his bad choices.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM

526 posts, read 955,192 times
This dude doesn't even sound like FWB material to me, just my humble opinion.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
This dude doesn't even sound like FWB material to me, just my humble opinion.
I didn't know there was a criteria one had to meet when considering FWB.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
I was like "great, was she hot?" he looked at me angry and said "you don't give a flying ****, I just told you I slept with someone else!"
LOL at your "great, was she hot?"response. Whether he made the story up or not, there was absolutely no reason to tell you about it other than to get a rise out of you, and since you were so cool about it, he got upset. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships