Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
So I have been working on my look. I'm 6'2" 205 lbs. I'm in great shape.

My flaws are that I'm slightly balding (so I keep my hair cut low sort of like amber rose or vin diesal), I have minor acne 1 or 2 tiny bumps (which I'm trying to get my skin perfect ), a big nose.(well a typical black guys noise) but my teeth are bad...

I'm getting ready to spend 6,000$ to get perfect white teeth.

There's nothing I can do about my nose or low hair cuts.

Will the teeth make a big difference?
I will address teeth in a bit, but you know that there are 2 FDA approved treatments for male balding - Rogaine, which you can buy OTC, and Propecia, which you will need a prescription for, but if you go to most any dermatologist, unless there is a reason you should not use it, health wise, you will get the script and you are on your way.

Rogaine costs about $50 for 3 months worth, IMHO a better use of your cash than a $6K tooth whitening session.

Propecia costs about $300 for 3 months worth.

Both are more effective at keeping what you have, than at restoring what you have lost.

On the teeth - I would be a little wary of anyone who mostly does whitening treatments, may or may not give you the most medically sound work. You do for sure need to fix the rotten enamel on your teeth, not just to improve your looks, but to fix the medical problem. I would prioritize fixing the cavities, then look at whitening and/or braces to line up your teeth.

Yeah, if you have obvious dental problems that show big time when you smile, yeah, that could turn off a lot of gals.

I have rather soft teeth, and have had my share of decay over the years, but now it's all fixed and most rear teeth are done in gold (more to keep mercury out of my mouth, and to make a permanent repair, than for cosmetic purposes)
Now, probably you should leave your nose alone, but, if you want to spend the money, you can of course get a nose job, if you want to go there. MJ served as an example (and IMHO a warning) of how far you could go in changing your facial features, if you wanted to spend the coin. I say a warning, as I really think if he had just kept the face the Lord gave him, he would not have been a bad looking guy - look at his brothers - and I think he looked pretty weird towards the end - but, just sayin'.

If you decide you want to go there, let me suggest that the best plastic surgery is subtle, people who don't know you well will not immediately pick up on the fact that you have had "some work done" -

At the end of the day, cosmetic improvements to your self, to include clothes, haircut, etc. are as much about YOU liking what you see in the mirror, and that giving you confidence, as attracting ladies as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 PM

395 posts, read 707,305 times
Quote:
So I have been working on my look. I'm 6'2" 205 lbs. I'm in great shape.

My flaws are that I'm slightly balding (so I keep my hair cut low sort of like amber rose or vin diesal), I have minor acne 1 or 2 tiny bumps (which I'm trying to get my skin perfect ), a big nose.(well a typical black guys noise) but my teeth are bad...

I'm getting ready to spend 6,000$ to get perfect white teeth.

There's nothing I can do about my nose or low hair cuts.

Will the teeth make a big difference?
Fix the teeth, if you live near the border find a famous mexican dentist or take a trip to thailand, should cost you only 25% of the us price.

Shave your head.

Microderm the acne at a clinic and get a peel if you need it. Guy some concealer for dates if your acne is really messed up.

Rhinoplasty

Chin and/or cheek contouring/implants, etc....

This will fix the cosmetic part, but to be honest, it's best just to find someone that will like you just the way you are after you fix your teeth and you microderm the skin. The looks may get the ball rolling, but it's other aspects that keep the momentum of a good ltr.

Sorry for all the details, my family member was a plastic surgeon

Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I'd say don't worry about your hair. Definitely work on your teeth. And get a facial/resurfacing for your skin.

Personally, I am a sucker for a bald guy with a great smile. Most of us don't really car about hair unless you are wearing some sort of horrible toupee or something.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,413 times
@ucbrian - can you get a friends and family discount??

Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I'd say don't worry about your hair. Definitely work on your teeth. And get a facial/resurfacing for your skin.

Personally, I am a sucker for a bald guy with a great smile. Most of us don't really car about hair unless you are wearing some sort of horrible toupee or something.
You must like Vin D then.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Not to be obtuse, I have not read the whole thread. But, maybe, it is not all about looks. Just a thought.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
yeah its worth it.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Yeah you guys are right. My teeth kill it. Once I get it fixed I should go from a a 3 to a 7. ALot of women lose interest once they see my teeth now I'm talking to a bunch of women and learning very fast.

Teeth and body are pretty essential. Women drool over my body but then get disgusted by my teeth its like an oxymoron. So hopefully Ill keep getting more phone numbers and let you guys know the difference it has made in my dating.

The thing about getting your teeth fixed is that the teeth themselves are only half of it. When you have good teeth, you will be more inclined to smile. I have pretty good teeth--straight and even (thanks Mom and Dad). But I do get them whitened with the trays and the first time I did it, I couldn't stop smiling. It makes you want to dazzle people. It's a great boost!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:34 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,015,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I will address teeth in a bit, but you know that there are 2 FDA approved treatments for male balding - Rogaine, which you can buy OTC, and Propecia, which you will need a prescription for, but if you go to most any dermatologist, unless there is a reason you should not use it, health wise, you will get the script and you are on your way.

Rogaine costs about $50 for 3 months worth, IMHO a better use of your cash than a $6K tooth whitening session.

Propecia costs about $300 for 3 months worth.

Both are more effective at keeping what you have, than at restoring what you have lost.

On the teeth - I would be a little wary of anyone who mostly does whitening treatments, may or may not give you the most medically sound work. You do for sure need to fix the rotten enamel on your teeth, not just to improve your looks, but to fix the medical problem. I would prioritize fixing the cavities, then look at whitening and/or braces to line up your teeth.

Yeah, if you have obvious dental problems that show big time when you smile, yeah, that could turn off a lot of gals.

I have rather soft teeth, and have had my share of decay over the years, but now it's all fixed and most rear teeth are done in gold (more to keep mercury out of my mouth, and to make a permanent repair, than for cosmetic purposes)
Now, probably you should leave your nose alone, but, if you want to spend the money, you can of course get a nose job, if you want to go there. MJ served as an example (and IMHO a warning) of how far you could go in changing your facial features, if you wanted to spend the coin. I say a warning, as I really think if he had just kept the face the Lord gave him, he would not have been a bad looking guy - look at his brothers - and I think he looked pretty weird towards the end - but, just sayin'.

If you decide you want to go there, let me suggest that the best plastic surgery is subtle, people who don't know you well will not immediately pick up on the fact that you have had "some work done" -

At the end of the day, cosmetic improvements to your self, to include clothes, haircut, etc. are as much about YOU liking what you see in the mirror, and that giving you confidence, as attracting ladies as such.
I don't need plastic surgery or rogaine its just the teeth. I don't even need a dermatologist is just the teeth that are killing it. As soon as I open my mouth all attraction flies out the window. I really notice it now. Getting my skin clear would be icing on the cake but its the teeth that are holding me back.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:36 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,015,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

I've noticed that. Most women could care less about a guy's hair as long as its clean or under control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships