U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,981,712 times

Advertisements

So I have been working on my look. I'm 6'2" 205 lbs. I'm in great shape.

My flaws are that I'm slightly balding (so I keep my hair cut low sort of like amber rose or vin diesal), I have minor acne 1 or 2 tiny bumps (which I'm trying to get my skin perfect ), a big nose.(well a typical black guys noise) but my teeth are bad...

I'm getting ready to spend 6,000$ to get perfect white teeth.

There's nothing I can do about my nose or low hair cuts.

Will the teeth make a big difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM

527 posts, read 475,604 times
The hair you can shave, the nose you can't change (unless you are willing to go under the knive), but the teeth? Yes. Drop the money if you can afford it. I am a sucker for a nice smile and I love kissing so good teeth would definetely matter to me. Healthy gums are also a good thing to have.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM

980 posts, read 2,082,525 times
I think so....if you were self-conscious about your teeth, fixing them will do lots to boost your confidence...making you more attractive (theoretically).

Old 02-07-2012, 06:28 PM

7,156 posts, read 12,330,588 times
Just don't get those too bright fakey white teeth. Get some good advice from a dentist you trust. It's better for them to be straight and natural looking than obviously cosmetic. Don't get taken advantage of. If they're not necessary, save your money for something else.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Just don't get those too bright fakey white teeth. Get some good advice from a dentist you trust. It's better for them to be straight and natural looking than obviously cosmetic. Don't get taken advantage of. If they're not necessary, save your money for something else.
Yeah they are going to look extremely perfect almost fake looking...

Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
The hair you can shave, the nose you can't change (unless you are willing to go under the knive), but the teeth? Yes. Drop the money if you can afford it. I am a sucker for a nice smile and I love kissing so good teeth would definetely matter to me. Healthy gums are also a good thing to have.
I'm really betting on this....The only reason why I'm doing this is too attract more women.

Some women think I'm ugly some think I'm ok looking. I would like to move up a notch and I know guys like myself all they do is whine and complain instead of spend the money and time to fix themselves up.

This is the only solution I could come up with.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM

18,308 posts, read 17,680,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
So I have been working on my look. I'm 6'2" 205 lbs. I'm in great shape.

My flaws are that I'm slightly balding (so I keep my hair cut low sort of like amber rose or vin diesal), I have minor acne 1 or 2 tiny bumps (which I'm trying to get my skin perfect ), a big nose.(well a typical black guys noise) but my teeth are bad...

There's nothing I can do about my nose or low hair cuts.

In my opinion? Hell yes. The hair I wouldn't worry even a second about...bald or receding hairlines are simply not a problem for most women, and in fact many of us (me included!) love our men bald or shaved. But teeth? They can completely turn a great looking guy into a very unappealing one. So spend the money and make that change for the better.
Nasty teeth are no good for anyone.

Quote:
I'm really betting on this....The only reason why I'm doing this is too attract more women.
Oh LORD. Well that was a turn off right there. Don't do it to attract more women...do it to present a better self-image!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
In my opinion? Hell yes. The hair I wouldn't worry even a second about...bald or receding hairlines are simply not a problem for most women, and in fact many of us (me included!) love our men bald or shaved. But teeth? They can completely turn a great looking guy into a very unappealing one. So spend the money and make that change for the better.
Nasty teeth are no good for anyone.

Oh LORD. Well that was a turn off right there. Don't do it to attract more women...do it to present a better self-image!
Thankyou. This forum has helped me out alot.

At first I thought it was stupid that women had teeth as a high priority until I noticed that I was attracted to the same thing in a women's face without even realizing it.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM

4,651 posts, read 2,871,637 times
Yes a nice smile is important...Good luck!!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM

3,735 posts, read 2,355,208 times
Quote:
... my teeth are bad...

Healthy, straight, white teeth are a big plus.That'll definitely add to your attractiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships