U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,038,565 times

Advertisements

Something's changed in my relationship with my man. I know I should just leave well-enough alone but I want to know why he's calling more often, more attentive, and says more sweet things to me than ever. He looks at me hard but I can't read the look in his eyes. It's been increasing more and more over the past few months but hit fever pitch this month with no sign of letting up. I want to know what's different so if it's something I'm doing right and/or better, I can keep doing it, but you don't dare ask something like this.

Feel free to post your, "Something's terribly wrong--Things are going too smoothly" posts here.

ETA: To our friendly neighborhood misogynists, no, I do not beat a man into a false confession or presume him guilty of wrong doing for bringing me flowers. I just want to know if it's something I need to keep doing to keep this going.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 02-07-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM

527 posts, read 474,341 times
Good for you!!! I'd enjoy it EVERY minute of it and keep doing the same good things

Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM

45,119 posts, read 56,997,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Something's changed in my relationship with my man. I know I should just leave well-enough alone but I want to know why he's calling more often, more attentive, and says more sweet things to me than ever. He looks at me hard but I can't read the look in his eyes. It's been increasing more and more over the past few months but hit fever pitch this month with no sign of letting up. I want to know what's different so if it's something I'm doing right and/or better, I can keep doing it, but you don't dare ask something like this.

Feel free to post your, "Something's terribly wrong--Things are going too smoothly" posts here.
Mind if I ask his age?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,038,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Good for you!!! I'd enjoy it EVERY minute of it and keep doing the same good things
Thank you. I would if I knew what that was. I don't feel I've changed anything. It was good before. Now......wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Mind if I ask his age?
He's 57.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I would if I knew what that was. I don't feel I've changed anything. It was good before. Now......wow!

He's 57.
It has been my observation that many men in their later 50's reach a place of what I call "enlightenment" and realize just how much they have (or don't have) going for them now that they are closing in on the next phase of their lives.

Those that DO have a lot going for them - great wife, happy home, disposable income, a growing retirement acct, successful young adult kids, etc... seem to be able to look around and truly appreciate it like never before

Perhaps this is what has happened to your beloved hubby?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,361,390 times
That's some bang up logic there. Why don't you just ask him? I don't know who you guys are, so I have no idea why he's doing it.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,984,676 times
why is he acting weird all of a sudden? he's probably cheating or trying to hide something.

edit: gotta love the cowards who leave negative rep comments but not their name. FYI to whomever that was I'm not looking to find myself a man (or woman for that matter).

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 02-07-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM

425 posts, read 290,417 times
Quote:

ETA: To our friendly neighborhood misogynists, no, I do not beat a man into a false confession or presume him guilty of wrong doing for bringing me flowers. I just want to know if it's something I need to keep doing to keep this going.
Relationships have ebbs and flows, and they are constantly developing. Go with this development, enjoy it, and try to prolong it. Lucky you two!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM

2,433 posts, read 1,720,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
why is he acting weird all of a sudden? he's probably cheating or trying to hide something.

edit: gotta love the cowards who leave negative rep comments but not their name. FYI to whomever that was I'm not looking to find myself a man (or woman for that matter).
Like clockwork...

Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

What I said was that cheating seems to a recurrent theme with you as you tell many posters that their men must be cheating on them.

I also said I was sorry if some man had hurt you by cheating on you and made you so biased against men.

Then I said I hoped you would try to work on that so you can attract and keep a good man in the future (suspicious women who always think their guy is up to no good eventually lose the good guys).

Because I said all that in such a small space, I ran out of room to sign my name.

For your own sake I hope you will consider I was really trying to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships