Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
So giving you a source of facts is a source of ridicule?
What source of facts?

Quote:
You are complaining against men online about opinions regarding something that your own husband is to afraid to ask you because.
It's idiotic to assume my husband, or any other man, is a coward because you are a coward. That's such a narrow view to have. Although given your position it shouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
If you don't care then why are you calling our opinions b*tching? Btw I don't to ask for paternity because I'm not sleeping with pregnant women, nor do I have kids. Believe me, I would ask for one if I did and if she had a problem then she was probably cheating anyway. The only trash you can refer to are the women who have kids with men that aren't their boyfriends. Not the men that want verification. I noticed you mentioned mandatory vasectomies, but failed to mention women getting their tubes tied. Awful lot of sexist remarks from you.

We already spend millions of dollars on irresponsible idiots. It's called welfare.
There is a difference between giving opinion online and b*tching about a segment of the population (called being a bigot). This forum has always had a handful that b*tches about women. And I think you should ask for a paternity test. Why? This is based on the type of women willing to spend time with you, not women in general. And sorry, I throw the lot of you into the same pot. A woman that does this is certainly trash, but who typically couples up with trash?

And you just want to add to the welfare. No thanks.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I've certainly seen the numbers you state, but it's very, very difficult to get accurate numbers on this. What I read more recently and found very interesting (can't find source) is that the percentages vary amazingly depending on economic class and/or social group. It varies from less than 1% amongst the wealthiest and most educated, to as high as 30% in some small pockets of society. The average - whether it is 3% or 10% or something else - masks these socioeconomic factors.
30% of men who suspect does not equal 30% of the male population.

For example...

Quote:
The AABB (American Association of Blood Banks [1]) annually publishes consolidated statistics from many accredited paternity testing services. These may reveal, for example, that 28% of paternity tests were "negative", and the man tested is not the biological father of the child. (28% is a typical figure).

This does not mean that 28% of men in the population are not the biological fathers of the children they believe are theirs. It does not even mean this in sub-populations "at risk", such as broken families. And it certainly does not mean that there is a 28% rate of paternity fraud [2] in any given population or sub-population! In fact, it means very little other than what it says - these are simply the statistics for a given set of paternity tests, saying little about the rate of misattributed paternity [3] for the sub-population who have been tested.

A longer answer is given by the AABB themselves, in their 2003 annual report [4]:
"It is important to understand the significance of the exclusion rate, especially since the statistic has been misinterpreted in the past. For example, several organizations have used the exclusion rate to suggest improperly that 30% of men are misled into believing they are biological fathers of children. This suggestion is incorrect. The exclusion rate includes a number of factors...."
Read the rest here.
http://www.childsupportanalysis.co.u...iours/aabb.htm

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
I've certainly seen the numbers you state, but it's very, very difficult to get accurate numbers on this. What I read more recently and found very interesting (can't find source) is that the percentages vary amazingly depending on economic class and/or social group. It varies from less than 1% amongst the wealthiest and most educated, to as high as 30% in some small pockets of society. The average - whether it is 3% or 10% or something else - masks these socioeconomic factors.
Do you know why its very difficult to get accurate numbers on this? Its because big borther isnt willing to provide any funding at all for this type of study. In fact, they will go out of their way to discredit or completely shut down independently funded studies on the subject. Could create a hurdle in their current wealth redistribution scheme.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
30% of men who suspect does not equal 30% of the male population.

For example...

Paternity test statistics don't show the rate of paternity fraud

Of course it doesn't. I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Please try again.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Exactly - it's very difficult to get a number. In addition to that - you're right in that economic class/social group make a huge difference. In my economic class - I have a feeling it's very, very rare. And you never know the inner workings of other people's relationships. One of the articles that someone posted here to stir the pot was about a man who found out his children weren't his, then had this huge court battle disowning his kids, yada yada yada. Well, it said in the article that his wife would routinely disappear for periods of time. Well, I would hardly call a woman (or man) who disappeared for days or weeks at a time trustworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Right...it must be made up....bwahahaha...Those are exact quotations, along with the name of the person that said them. Do you really want to believe that its made up?

Feminists Agitate To Ban Paternity Testing | Chateau Heartiste
I never said they were made up. Do you not understand that websites with a particular agenda are going to show you what you want to see? To quote a few crazy women and have it seem like these thoughts are shared by all women is ridiculous. I'm sure I can find quotes from men that way it's okay to beat your wife if she's acting up. Do I think that those sentiments are shared by all men or even many men? Hell no. Of course, I don't spend my time on websites like that in the first place.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Of course it doesn't. I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Please try again.
You are incorrect about 30% of small pockets. How else should I state it?

Ok, not you, but whoever is reporting it.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I never said they were made up. Do you not understand that websites with a particular agenda are going to show you what you want to see? To quote a few crazy women and have it seem like these thoughts are shared by all women is ridiculous. I'm sure I can find quotes from men that way it's okay to beat your wife if she's acting up. Do I think that those sentiments are shared by all men or even many men? Hell no. Of course, I don't spend my time on websites like that in the first place.
He cited rense who reports on UFOs. He's not going to grasp what you're saying.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 PM

491 posts, read 569,466 times
Quote:
What source of facts?

It's idiotic to assume my husband, or any other man, is a coward because you are a coward. That's such a narrow view to have. Although given your position it shouldn't surprise me.

There is a difference between giving opinion online and b*tching about a segment of the population (called being a bigot). This forum has always had a handful that b*tches about women. And I think you should ask for a paternity test. Why? This is based on the type of women willing to spend time with you, not women in general. And sorry, I throw the lot of you into the same pot. A woman that does this is certainly trash, but who typically couples up with trash?

And you just want to add to the welfare. No thanks.
Welfare is paid by EVERYONE. Paternity testing will be paid only by the couple. If you can spend money on TV's, vacations, and other non-essential things then you can afford something that shows who the father is. How am I a coward? I already said I've asked for one before, but found out she wasn't pregnant. So I'm a bigot for hating women who cuckold men? Who couples with trash? By that logic people who are abused in relationships are abusers themselves because why else would you date an abuser? Or marry one?

So I'm a coward for wanting fatherhood proven...seems to me the only cowards are the ones who complain about mandatory paternity test because it takes away their ability to make a man pay for kids that aren't his. Again if you can't afford a 70-80 dollar test you shouldn't be having kids anyway.

And once again you exclude the women that b*tch about men in these forums...hmm given your position I'm not surprised

Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Quote:
You are incorrect about 30% of small pockets. How else should I state it?

Ok, not you, but whoever is reporting it.
How do you know that it's incorrect? I wish I could find the article, but I don't have my references available here. I clearly remember the number, because I found it very surprising. Do you have something that refutes this for some groups?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Welfare is paid by EVERYONE. Paternity testing will be paid only by the couple.
I think it should only be paid by those who want it. Why don't you just send my husband $80 and maybe he'll get a test. Maybe he'll buy CD's with it. Better that you pay than us.

Quote:
How am I a coward? I already said I've asked for one before, but found out she wasn't pregnant. So I'm a bigot for hating women who cuckold men? Who couples with trash? By that logic people who are abused in relationships are abusers themselves because why else would you date an abuser? Or marry one?
If you have no problem asking for one then why exactly do you want to force the rest of us?

Yes, you suspect all women and that's bigoted.

Quote:
And once again you exclude the women that b*tch about men in these forums...hmm given your position I'm not surprised
Um, they suck too. Happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships