Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thank you... the bolded part is what I've been hammering on and no one seemed to get that part......I've been beaten up pretty good on this thread... thanks for a little understanding of my point.... which I think was obvious as hell, but LOL.... whatever.....
And this is exactly the problem that Dewdrop and NUMEROUS posters in here chose to ignore. Discovering will cause severe traumas that cannot be described unless someone lives through that. Making the father not knowing the truth is like insisting that a wmoan shuoldn't pursure her rapist because he used Rohypnol and she can't even recall of it. Even though she ended up pregnant with a rapist's child to remind her for life.
Father cannot even get out of the obligations and no sanctions will be done to the mother in general. But the monetary penalty will be HUGE. Many fathers will actually be separated due to it but they'll still have to pay spousal support, child support, etc, even though they don't want to. This is the way how the legislation literally proceeds with bashing the main victim of the fraud and rewards the deceiving behavior.
That child will also inherit the assets after the cuckolded father dies, so the fraud works fully, even after death, even if the father chooses to end his life.

Paternity testing MUST be mandatory, legislation's "treatment" is just the icing on the cake. Any guy who reads this should think of their own well-being and well-being of everyone involved. Paternity testing can be and is easily done in complete anonymity, people take samples and send them to analysis to check out the results anonymously via the internet. Numerous guys caught the fraud this way and started legal procedures as a consequence. They avoided getting cuckolded.
Dewdrop's logic is unacceptable in this day and time. Men aren't there to sacrifice their well-being for the society and random individuals. Society needs to get to such "revolutionary" idea that being a male doesn't make your life worthless, regardless of what legislation or anyone else says or does. Since society won't get to that conclusion in the reasonable amount of time before most of the forum posters get to probably have their children, those guys reading this should KNOW that they MUST do the paternity testing to avoid all the trouble.

Quote:
If men were the ones to give birth - I would NOT want to get a test to see if he was my child
You said so, but you aren't a man. I know plenty of men who say that they would never have an abortion and you'd answer the same to their claim. As for the not knowing of the wrong child - it's literally next to impossible, there's a bigger chance to switch DNA samples by accident than to switch two babies at the hospital, because of all the precautions. You have numerous measures, marking of the child physically (wrist) as well as having a precise evidence at which place the each baby is located and other stuff.

EDIT: I did my best to catch up with the topic and answer all the "arguments" on why people think that paternity testing shouldn't be mandatory at the child's birth. Discovering the fraud after 20 years and having all the emotional distress for everyone involved as well as realization that your life has been robbed in every manner... and not even being able to change it because of how the laws are made and other stuff... that's just NOT the argument against mandatory testing. It's exactly the opposite. It's an argument that it should be routinely done. But the state wants as many children being off their own obligation because the state wants to be the "daddy" to all the single moms in their own ideological projects. State literally has the need to continue this duping and to treat men and their well-being as expendable. The sooner the other men realize that, the better.

Last edited by nald; 08-03-2013 at 05:17 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 06:01 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Thread is closed
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships