Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM

723 posts, read 2,193,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's what it really comes down to. I think it's hilarious that some of the guys here take issue with this simple position.
I think it's outrageous that a man who wants scientific proof of his obligation is vilified, especially for such a simple test.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Let's say a man wants to test all of his children for paternity at birth. Also, let's say he informs you of this in the beginning, during your dating or friendship stage of the relationship. He does this a general policy, a piece of mind sort of thing. He's heard and read the stories of men raising other kids for years without knowing and just wants to ensure that never happens to him since he plans to be a very emotionally invested father. It has nothing to do with an assumption that any specific woman will cheat on him. He sees it as no different than a woman wanting a marriage license for piece of mind in a long term relationship.

Would you agree with his plans? Why or why not?
Agree?? Its not like they have a say or choice in the matter, just get the kid and get a test and get the results.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
Quote:
Let's say a man wants to test all of his children for paternity at birth. Also, let's say he informs you of this in the beginning, during your dating or friendship stage of the relationship. He does this a general policy, a piece of mind sort of thing. He's heard and read the stories of men raising other kids for years without knowing and just wants to ensure that never happens to him since he plans to be a very emotionally invested father. It has nothing to do with an assumption that any specific woman will cheat on him. He sees it as no different than a woman wanting a marriage license for piece of mind in a long term relationship.

Would you agree with his plans? Why or why not?
I would not agree-I would find it insulting.
What if she refused and broke it off with you-took "your" child and left never to see you again?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,609 times
I am a woman and I wish there was a law that when a child was born a DNA paternity test is automatically done.

Raising children and child support is NO JOKE.

Far too many people are hurt when men raise kids that aren't theirs.

Put it down to a couple of dirty sluts who ruin it for everyone - DNA is an amazing tool that should be used to protect men and children from women who lie, cheat and steal.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Absolutely not. Unless you have cause to seriously doubt your Wife a Paternity test is a sign you do not trust her and I would personally find it incredibly insulting. You are in essence tarnishing a woman's reputation by trying to "prove" she has not strayed when there is no indication whatsover that she has.

If this is the kind of relationship we have then my Husband can just close the door on our marriage on his way out.

It would be like a woman following her husband, searching his belongings reading his emails etc... as a matter of course every time he goes out to ensure he is not cheating.

Love and relationships without trust are nothing IMO.

I would be beyond upset and would find it incredibly demeaning and churlish. Not the kind of man I would want anywhere near my children anyway, inculcating a sense of paranoia and suspicion into them. There is always going to be an element of " leap of faith" with ALL relationships.
Wow talk about a control freak....this is gonna be a funny thread...time to read it.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I am a woman and I wish there was a law that when a child was born a DNA paternity test is automatically done.
you might want to watch out because some of the men haters/feminists in this thread will mod alert you for such a bold position, and accuse you of hating your own.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
For those that missed the memo: If you don't agree with men or things that benefit men you are a 'man hater' or 'femnazi'

Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Pretty much.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Notice in the OP I said this would be disclosed UPFRONT, during the dating or friendship stage. I am against springing a paternity request on a woman while she's in the hospital giving birth.

How can she be "devastated" if it was disclosed long before she became pregnant?
Dude are you serious? This thread is really evil. I would just do the test. I am not asking for any persons permission!! Once the child is born, the DOC WILL RUN the test, married or no married. Any person that says other wise can kick rocks, regardless of any stupid vaginal emotion someone may feel. If a child is born from a woman I deal with, I WILL have the test ran. Its the American way. You other men should be REAL men and do that same. It is YOUR right to know. No feminine peer pressure should prevent you from doing RIGHT by you.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Pretty much.

I probably should care more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships