Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This "women only" poll is already skewed, because two of the posters who voted "Yes" are men.
As always. It's pretty easy to make your point appear supported by making the poll anonymous. Not that I care even if it truly is supported by the majority.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Well, I'm a guy. But a man who says that is really betraying an inability to trust anyone. This will surface again and again in the relationship, from the birth of children to an interrogation of the S/O who takes an extra hour to run errands. For what this is really about is his expectation that his spouse will cheat. Insecure people like that tend to turn such neuroses into self-fulfilling prophecies.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle
This "women only" poll is already skewed, because two of the posters who voted "Yes" are men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
As always. It's pretty easy to make your point appear supported by making the poll anonymous. Not that I care even if it truly is supported by the majority.
This is the reason why I made the poll public. I wanted to ensure the numbers couldn't be skewed in my favor and avoid the accusation of such.

Is there any way to delete votes by men? I want an accurate poll.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
This is the reason why I made the poll public. I wanted to ensure the numbers couldn't be skewed in my favor and avoid the accusation of such.

Is there any way to delete votes by men? I want an accurate poll.
Every poll is public. Some are anonymous (like yours) and you can't tell the gender of the voters and some are not. The latter display the handles of the voters. Of course, it's not that we even know the gender of many posters...

In any event, I don't understand what you think you'll achieve. Even getting 100% support on some stupid poll on some stupid site is not about to help you any in real life.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Let's say a man wants to test all of his children for paternity at birth. Also, let's say he informs you of this in the beginning, during your dating or friendship stage of the relationship. He does this a general policy, a piece of mind sort of thing. He's heard and read the stories of men raising other kids for years without knowing and just wants to ensure that never happens to him since he plans to be a very emotionally invested father. It has nothing to do with an assumption that any specific woman will cheat on him. He sees it as no different than a woman wanting a marriage license for piece of mind in a long term relationship.

Would you agree with his plans? Why or why not?
It would mean that this man has major trust issues and therefore, even early on would be limiting his chances for romantic success

Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 AM

62 posts, read 133,341 times
If you have nothing to hide then why be against a paternity test?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscillatory View Post
If you have nothing to hide then why be against a paternity test?
Good God! The government has trained you well! That's totally beside the point. The point is two people who don't trust each other have no business being married and/or having children together.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Paternity test are good for every child in the beginning, for medical reasons. Such as allergies, diseases, blood type, and for preventive measures if the child does get some thing. It will also help a lot with dna. But yes it also brings into the privacy matter. The poll however is kinda bad. The husband not trusting his wife. But if it was mandatory in the first place would this be an issue?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
The only time its really ok to ask such a question is if your wife/GF has admitted or you have conclusive proof that they have cheated during the time of the conception of your children. You should find out more so to find out if the child may share YOUR medical history or another mans, its important for the child to know his/her medical history. Whether you stay with the woman or not is another question and another thread all together.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Every poll is public. Some are anonymous (like yours) and you can't tell the gender of the voters and some are not. The latter display the handles of the voters. Of course, it's not that we even know the gender of many posters...

In any event, I don't understand what you think you'll achieve. Even getting 100% support on some stupid poll on some stupid site is not about to help you any in real life.
Good afternoon,

I can see the handles of the voters. I thought everyone could, too. If I can, I'll make the voter handles visible to everyone.

I'm not trying to achieve anything. I only posted it because a poster in another thread asked me to do so. I agree that a poll on some stupid site doesn't help any. I've already completed my own real life poll and it was overwhelmingly in my favor.

EDIT: The poll already says: "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships