Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Most likely she will bail, or you will bail. You'll get another, then another. She'll get another, and then another. People come and go when you're young.
I know Braunwyn. People come and go when you old also.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
I bet loads of people would be in shock if paternity tests were done on babies...all those holier than thou women would not be messing around a second time and letting their SO or husband raise a kid that's not his biologically...

Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No I don't, honey. You are you're own worst advocate.
So are you Mikala.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I know that Braunwyn. I know we are all not the same. I dont own any women so why do you keep saying that? My take is the wimpy asking of permission idea. No man should do that. Its funny because many women use the "REAL MAN" term to fit their agenda, but when I use it, its hard to take. Some men on this thread have be punked into thinking it is not ok to know the truth. I am telling those men it is OK to Know and to hell with "her" feelings of truth or whatever control schemes she has. I say, go and get the information you want.
I'm not saying you own anyone. What I am saying is that the OP's position does not have a place in every marriage/relationship. Does it for some? Sure. I think the more important issue is that it has a place in his, and perhaps your, marriage/relationship. It's more than just wanting a test (be paternity, regular STD testing in case of cheating, whatever) as has been pointed out by several people. It speaks to the quality of your relationships and by extension the quality of the life you're living. You guys live without trusting the closest person to you, your intimate partner. That deviates greatly from what many of us experience, although I know you're not alone in your views and experiences.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Perhaps the soon to be father can request a dna test, so that he can view the results to see any potential genetic issues down the road
Sadly, that's not the stated reason from the op.
He seems to believe (by his posts here and his posting history) that women are dishonest and that we all cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Paternity test are good for every child in the beginning, for medical reasons. Such as allergies, diseases, blood type, and for preventive measures if the child does get some thing. It will also help a lot with dna. But yes it also brings into the privacy matter. The poll however is kinda bad. The husband not trusting his wife. But if it was mandatory in the first place would this be an issue?
This raises many red flags for me:
Mandatory? Would you really want yet more government intervention into our lives.
Who gets to pay for this?
What are you going to do at that point?
Kill the already born because they're predisposed to x, y, z?

Well, the man (who in some cases if whacko religious have their way) who just forced his partner to force carry his offspring, can relinquish all rights and the religious will be very happy that they succeeded in yet another right to life until birth being. Then they can deny all support to the woman and child for yet another reason.

This is too big a slippery slope for me.

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-09-2012 at 10:46 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Truly sad how many young guys here are their "own worst advocate"

It's to the point now on this thread that I'm just embarrassed for them.
No your problem...and it is your problem. You want men to think how YOU want them to think. When a men actually stands up for what is right. Its hard for you to swallow, again that is YOUR problem not mine.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Coming late to the discussion - but all I want to say is that I would never be with someone who demanded a paternity test on our children. Good relationships are built on trust. If he doesn't trust me - he shouldn't be with me.

I do think that there should be legal action that men can take if it turns out that they are raising some other guy's children - but this will never be an issue for my husband.

Apparently some here have trust issues.

Those are the ones that just need to learn to keep it zipped up - problem solved.

Unless a woman has done something to lose her husbands trust, a man who asks his wife to agree to paternity testing of their children is sabotaging and ruining his marriage.

How could a faithful, loving wife ever respect him again?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
What? I was just with my pops last week working on my mothers car....you are talking in circles my dear.
I'm trying to figure out how you guys developed this general distrust of people. Some people have it, others don't. There's a reason for that. I'm just not sure what it is. I guess it's back to pick up culture. Oh, and that's not circular. I'm not sure why you chose that word.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
there are plenty of women who cheat and have kids by other men...I would not be offended by a guy wanting a paternity test done, if you don't cheat, you don't have to worry about the outcome...

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
No your problem...and it is your problem. You want men to think how YOU want them to think. When a men actually stands up for what is right. Its hard for you to swallow, again that is YOUR problem not mine.
Oh yeah, it's clear to all here I'm the one with the problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships