Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,004,298 times

Advertisements

Marriage does not benefit men

Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
That's why it would be much more sensible for people to live seperately. I've already said it in the other thread. They can be together whenever they want but each person has their own space and pays their own bills.
No thanks. If I want a warm man in the middle of the night, I want to roll over, not get in the car.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:23 PM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No thanks. If I want a warm man in the middle of the night, I want to roll over, not get in the car.
And if you're spending most of your time together anyway, it's stupid to each be paying rent, cable, electric, etc.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And if you're spending most of your time together anyway, it's stupid to each be paying rent, cable, electric, etc.
Oh, no joke. Two households are more than twice as expensive as one.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Marriage does not benefit men
Repeating what i said above, since you obviously missed it

It's been proven that married men live longer, healthier, happier lives.

So apparently single guys do have more to lose.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-l...our-health.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/ma...pagewanted=all

You know, it's one thing for you guys to not want to get married - just don't.

But quit spouting off things about marriage that are not true and have no basis in fact.

It just makes you look bad.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 PM

837 posts, read 1,285,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Then there's no perfect solution. I would rather live seperately. The moments together must be much better.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:36 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,289,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Then there's no perfect solution. I would rather live seperately. The moments together must be much better.
My boyfriend thinks the same way, and let me tell you there are not a lot of women out there who are going to buy into the whole "I love you, but want to live by myself til the day I die" scenario. We are few an far between.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
My boyfriend thinks the same way, and let me tell you there are not a lot of women out there who are going to buy into the whole "I love you, but want to live by myself til the day I die" scenario. We are few an far between.
I wonder how a duplex situation would work. Technically the same building, but two separate residences.

That would probably be idea for me. Plus, I can sneak in in the middle of the night for nookie

Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,682,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Repeating what i said above, since you obviously missed it

It's been proven that married men live longer, healthier, happier lives.

So apparently single guys do have more to lose.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-l...our-health.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/ma...pagewanted=all

You know, it's one thing for you guys to not want to get married - just don't.

But quit spouting off things about marriage that are not true and have no basis in fact.

It just makes you look bad.
Happier I doubt it. Longer and healthier perhaps because single guys I'm guessing are more likely to go out, have fun and do stuff (whether that's drinking, partying, being promiscuous whatever) but I'm sure they are VERY happy doing it. However, I wouldn't believe those stats one bit because they are leaving out a big gray area. The LTR couples. Are men in a LTR counted at all? They aren't married but they aren't single. Are men who are in relationships less than a year counted as single? Too many factors. Married men aren't going to be out doing stuff to the degree that a single man would usually.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Happier I doubt it. Longer and healthier perhaps because single guys I'm guessing are more likely to go out, have fun and do stuff (whether that's drinking, partying, being promiscuous whatever) but I'm sure they are VERY happy doing it. However, I wouldn't believe those stats one bit because they are leaving out a big gray area. The LTR couples. Are men in a LTR counted at all? They aren't married but they aren't single. Are men who are in relationships less than a year counted as single? Too many factors. Married men aren't going to be out doing stuff to the degree that a single man would usually.
By the time a single person, male or female, has been going out "partying" every week for 15 years or so, the novelty wears off (ages 21-36).

In fact, for most people life gets kind of lonely it that's all they've got to show for all those years of singledom.

They wake up one day and realize all that "freedom" ain't exactly what they thought it was back at 21.

I think country singer Lee Brice says it best...

Lee Brice- A Woman Like You + Lyrics [New Single 2011] in HD - YouTube

"But if I was a single man
Alone and out there on the loose
Well I'd be looking for a woman like you.

I'd take a gold band on my hand
Over being a single man
Cause honestly I don't know what I'd do
If I'd never met a woman like you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.