U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM

4,267 posts, read 2,313,474 times

Advertisements

If fear of failure constrained our movements we would never have advanced as a society or individually in our own lives.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-04-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM

45,154 posts, read 57,115,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
If fear of failure constrained our movements we would never have advanced as a society or individually in our own lives.
Yep.

Man, there sure are a lot of wimps and quitters wandering this world nowadays

Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,855,205 times
Quote:
I'm not a quitter, actually I'm obnoxiously driven. Not wanting to get married is just not a priority of mine. Would bring nothing into my life that I dont already have.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

15,239 posts, read 17,973,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep.

Man, there sure are a lot of wimps and quitters wandering this world nowadays
So someone decides that something ain't for them and they are a wimp or a quitter? You pro-marriage folk will say anything to defend your stupid institution.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Well, you folk used phrases such as stupid, crap, kool-aid, etc whereas we actually tried to explain.

I do agree not everyone is ready for it. I certainly was not for many years.

Do not know your age. Perhaps in a bit you may change your mind or not. But it is foolish and arrogant to condescend others for what they believe.

I made an accurate observation to the person I was responding to who was mentioning what-ifs? If your objections are different(and ain't right for them is a different objection than was the basis for that answer) then why respond?

Advice for the future: One has little credibility if they use low-brow language in what could be considered a serious conversation.

NB: Hehehe. I just noticed you are a 2012 college graduate. I remember those days. Knew everything I certainly thought. HAHAHA. Foolish me.
Good day young man.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-04-2012 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM

44 posts, read 31,573 times
reading the replies, if marriages makes a couple *happier* - haha @ the relationship to begin with. /facepalm

Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM

45,154 posts, read 57,115,654 times
Quote:
Well, you folk used phrases such as stupid, crap, kool-aid, etc whereas we actually tried to explain.

Do not know your age. Perhaps in a bit you may change your mind or not. But it is foolish and arrogant to condescend others for what they believe.

I made an accurate observation to the person I was responding to who was mentioning what-ifs? If your objections are different(and ain't right for them is a different objection than was the basis for that answer) then why respond?

Advice for the future: One has little credibility if they use low-brow language in what could be considered a serious conversation.

NB: Hehehe. I just noticed you are a 2012 college graduate. I remember those days. Knew everything I certainly thought. HAHAHA. Foolish me.
Good day young man.

So true - always consider "the source"

Here's the thing, marriage is NOT for everyone - and that's okay.

But some whiny little kid who's never even been in a serious relationship condemning the whole institution of marriage is just laughable.

That's like the winner of the 6th grade science fair comparing himself to an NASA rocket scientist.

When some of these kids grow up a bit more and gain some real world adult perspective, THEN they can come back and explain to us why marriage has no value in their LEARNED opinion.

Until then, they are just pissing in the wind and trying to convince us it's raining

Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM

15,239 posts, read 17,973,837 times
Quote:

Good day young man.
And one has little creditibility if they focus on language and miss the spirit of an argument.

Good day ! Have a nice life!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 PM

33,617 posts, read 19,477,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post
Having read several threads, I think I've pretty much gaged the prevailing attitude towards marriage in this forum and I'm going to therefore assume with at least half???....a third???....of the human population

Ok, forget that. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but my bat is in hand.....

What say you as to the point/purpose of marriage? (If it's not due to any "religious conviction.") Based upon the opinions I'm reading it's best a lot of people keep their misery..........to themselves??
When I see the way the French do it, with both members of the couple having serial affairs with no concern toward their partner whatsoever, I really do wonder what the point is. If they want to live the single life, why did they get married? It seems to make a mockery of marriage. It boils it down to nothing more than a piece of paper that legitimizes inheritance for the children. Can anyone explain this one?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
And one has little creditibility if they focus on language and miss the spirit of an argument.

Good day ! Have a nice life!
^^You are incorrect in that assumption. Written communiation is via language as one cannot see bodily/facial movements.

Another hint: Emoticons are not manly in serious conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.