U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 AM

14,944 posts, read 17,220,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - the main point of marriage is having the person you love with you on your journey through life. Making it legal makes certain things easier - filing for taxes, paying the bills, knowing that you are both committed enough that you don't want an out. When you love someone so much that you don't want to spend a single day with out seeing them, without hearing their voice - then you'll understand. When you find the person that gets you - the person that you want to talk about your day with, your dreams with, your sorrows with, etc. - you'll understand. It's not about being trapped at all.
Quote:
CaliTerp07

A good marriage is incredibly freeing. It allows you to be yourself, fully, 100%. When dating, there was always a nagging fear in the back of my mind that I would say the wrong thing and he'd leave. That fear is gone. I can fully be myself in everything I do, and know that I have my husband's unconditional love and support behind me.

I love being married. It is the best choice I've ever made. We're still babies on this journey--it'll be 4 years soon--but every day I'm thankful to wake up next to my husband
"Love" has got to be a hard drug if ya'll really believe what you typed.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 AM

44,369 posts, read 54,849,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
"Love" has got to be a hard drug if ya'll really believe what you typed.
I pity you.

Seriously.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I pity you.

Seriously.
Why?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 AM

44,369 posts, read 54,849,587 times
Quote:
Why?
I guess it must be obvious to everyone but you

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I guess it must be obvious to everyone but you
C'mon humor me. Why do you pity me?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,408,968 times
I never want to get married and I'm almost mid thirties. First of all; don't like kids and don't want them. Rare for a woman I know; I just don't like them.

I am also very non-traditional and modern; I feel marriage is an outdated institution.

I am also a loner; don't want or need a man in my life. I'm very independent and not mushy or weak; I am not much for romance or that sappy stuff. I just don't feel the need to share my life with anyone. I am ok with ending up alone old and I actually relish it; I can't stand to be around most people.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 AM

28,114 posts, read 22,930,458 times
Quote:
C'mon humor me. Why do you pity me?
To be so bitter so young.
And to already have it in your mind that you are unloveable.
And to not feel like you can trust anyone.

Don't get me wrong. IMO, most people are self-absorbed, thieving jackholes that you cannot trust. But that is what makes the good people so special.
Having one of your very own good people...that's what it's about.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 AM

5,676 posts, read 10,198,712 times
Man oh man, WHO/WHAT hurt you/angered you and made you so, so........and I'll say it again, SO, bitter towards society??
I mean, WOW, what a post! However, you do sound like you'd make the 100%PERFECT Body Guard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I never want to get married and I'm almost mid thirties. First of all; don't like kids and don't want them. Rare for a woman I know; I just don't like them.

I am also very non-traditional and modern; I feel marriage is an outdated institution.

I am also a loner; don't want or need a man in my life. I'm very independent and not mushy or weak; I am not much for romance or that sappy stuff. I just don't feel the need to share my life with anyone. I am ok with ending up alone old and I actually relish it; I can't stand to be around most people.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,408,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Man oh man, WHO/WHAT hurt you/angered you and made you so, so........and I'll say it again, SO, bitter towards society??
I mean, WOW, what a post! However, you do sound like you'd make the 100%PERFECT Body Guard!
I'm actually not bitter at all. I just prefer my own company and don't believe in marriage. How is that being bitter? Who said it has to be the norm to get married with kids (and then eventually divorced)?

There is nothing bitter about me; I just don't feel the need to share my life with a man. That doesn't make me bitter. It just means that I know what I want. How is that being bitter? So now I have to believe in fairy tales and romance crap to not be bitter?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 AM

4,489 posts, read 5,380,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I'm actually not bitter at all. I just prefer my own company and don't believe in marriage. How is that being bitter? Who said it has to be the norm to get married with kids (and then eventually divorced)?

There is nothing bitter about me; I just don't feel the need to share my life with a man. That doesn't make me bitter. It just means that I know what I want. How is that being bitter? So now I have to believe in fairy tales and romance crap to not be bitter?
Who says marriage means kids and divorce? Marriage is just a partner to share life's adventures with. Kids are an optional add-on (FTR, I don't want them either--but I still love being married). I also would consider myself very independent (I have multiple degrees, am completely self sufficient, etc), but that isn't mutually exclusive from being mushy I can manage a project at work and still melt to find my husband made my lunch while I was in the shower.

If you don't want to be married, then don't--nothing wrong with that. But humans are generally social creatures. I hope you have close friends or family to share your life with if that's something you want. And if you don't want it, then that's okay too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships