U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM

43,385 posts, read 52,030,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To be so bitter so young.
And to already have it in your mind that you are unloveable.
And to not feel like you can trust anyone.

Don't get me wrong. IMO, most people are self-absorbed, thieving jackholes that you cannot trust. But that is what makes the good people so special.
Having one of your very own good people...that's what it's about.
Yep.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 AM

14,509 posts, read 16,217,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To be so bitter so young.
And to already have it in your mind that you are unloveable.And to not feel like you can trust anyone.

Don't get me wrong. IMO, most people are self-absorbed, thieving jackholes that you cannot trust. But that is what makes the good people so special.
Having one of your very own good people...that's what it's about.
I think most of the ladies here would agree that I'm unloveable. Don't mean I think that myself but most here would based on my posts.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM

15,595 posts, read 7,477,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I think most of the ladies here would agree that I'm unloveable. Don't mean I think that myself but most here would based on my posts.
Actually - I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone on here that really believes that you are unlovable. Bitter? Yes. Cynical? Yes. Unlovable? No. Not even close. I think that the bitterness and cynicism will fall away when you actually find love. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM

2,173 posts, read 1,258,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
Well...

- supposed to represent a commitment on both parties to spend
their lives together and work out their issues as partners

- neither party should have had sex prior to marriage so there is
none of the "measuring up to prior partners" issues

Ok, you can all start laughing now.

I agree with you. Our society has pretty much lost its' ethics over the previous few decades, so sex and "live-in honeys" are all too common, making marriage not something most will strive for.
And then there's the sacrifice and compromise most folks don't understand or choose to live.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM

15,595 posts, read 7,477,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
"Love" has got to be a hard drug if ya'll really believe what you typed.
Not a drug - a life changer. Being in love changes your life. Nothing is the same. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM

5,704 posts, read 4,385,024 times
Marriage is a mistake everyone should make; at least one time.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM

10,584 posts, read 4,259,946 times
Marriage is like a dog licence issued by the state - the state version..is like - well imagine a farmer who wants control of his herd - breeding - potential income - and utilitarian value - such as having control over someone through what they love - the offspring..

Then there is the church sanctioned marriage - again - it is political...and a form of social control - If you believe in God...I am quite certain God wants people to be together cause they love each other - that the commitment is strong and governed by the heart - not by the state or some church that leans back in it's arrogant comfort...and states that in effect they now own you - just like a farmer owns breeding stock....LOVE is what makes marriage legitimate - nothing else.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If you have to ask what the point is, you should never attempt to marry - you aren't cut out for what it involves and the commitment it takes.

Thanks for saying it. It just isn't taught as something to aspire to anymore. sad.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
No I am not kidding. In a cohabitation scenario, she takes her stuff and I take my stuff. No her taking anything of mine and vice-versa. See, marriage is a LEGAL contract as well which means in a divorce things are not so cut and dry. The courts get to decide and it usually ain't too purty for those of the male persuasion. Don't believe it? Ask those men who've been taken to the cleaners by their wives.

When I left my husband, I left him EVERYTHING. It was my choice to leave.
I took only what I brought into it!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 AM

14,509 posts, read 16,217,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Thanks for saying it. It just isn't taught as something to aspire to anymore. sad.
Why should marriage be taught as something to aspire to? Any idiot can get married these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.