Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

What happened to the car you bought her for Valentines Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What happened to the car you bought her for Valentines Day?
lol

Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
If anyone is interested, she gave me my list of "things to accomplish" while she's gone.

1. Get a traditional job. Not for the money, but so that I'm too worn out to bother her all the time.
2. Get more friends. Same reasoning.
3. Agree that she picks the next place we live.

If I accomplish those 3 things, she'll agree to live with me.
It sounds more like she doesn't want to spend time with you if these are her demands and reasoning. Her list is ways to keep you busy so she can avoid you.

Unless maybe you don't have a social life outside of her and smother her? Do you do anything outside of wanting to be with her all the time? All couples need times away from each other to be with friends and relatives on occasion.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
If anyone is interested, she gave me my list of "things to accomplish" while she's gone.

1. Get a traditional job. Not for the money, but so that I'm too worn out to bother her all the time.

Here's the thing...even in a best case scenario - (that everything she says is true and she really wants to stay married to you) - she's got so much hostility toward you at this point that there's no way you just changing a few things is going to save this marriage. It would take professional help to do that.

She's lost respect for you honey, and once a woman loses respect for her man, she can hardly stand to be in the same room with him.

I'm sorry, but I think all these things she wants you to do are so that when you don't do them, (or don't do them to her satisfaction) she can claim it's all your fault that your marriage fell apart and walk away without looking like the bad guy or having to feel badly either.

Please protect yourself and talk to a lawyer.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Even if you meet these lists, you are going to end up with more lists of unreasonable demands from her.

How did the car buying workout?

I almost think you are trolling.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM

244 posts, read 253,166 times
Quote:

From this list, to me, it sounds like she is willing to be married and living together "in name only," in a place solely of HER choosing, but you both will have your separate lives, and she wants to make sure of that with you working and away from the home a lot and spending time with your friends and away from the home a lot. From your posts, I gather that is not what you want in your marriage.Be careful, and remember, we are on your side and hope for the best outcome for you!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:07 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She's lost respect for you honey, and once a woman loses respect for her man, she can hardly stand to be in the same room with him.
This is entirely true. I am going through this right now, and let me tell you, it kills me to even be around him right now.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Even if you meet these lists, you are going to end up with more lists of unreasonable demands from her.

How did the car buying workout?

I almost think you are trolling.

Quote:
Well then, you guys don't even want to know what I have in store for her today. Let's just say it involves buying a new car (with removable top), an Indian silk scarf for those windy drives, cooking her favorite meal served with candles and roses, a long massage, and fresh homemade chocolates.
Did you make the chocolate yourself?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM

906 posts, read 1,809,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
How do you feel about this?
Well, I don't feel good about it. I want to do whatever is in my power to save the marriage, because I love her. I'm also not sure what I'm going to do without her, I imagine the same as I do now. But at the same time, I see her demands as unloving, unreasonable, and she's moving out anyway, even before seeing if I can do these demands.

Everybody keeps telling me to see a lawyer. What can a lawyer do? I don't want a divorce. Our money is separate (we each have our own accounts). We have no kids. We (now it's just me) live in a rental, so there's no shared property of any significance.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Well, I don't feel good about it. I want to do whatever is in my power to save the marriage, because I love her. I'm also not sure what I'm going to do without her, I imagine the same as I do now. But at the same time, I see her demands as unloving, unreasonable, and she's moving out anyway, even before seeing if I can do these demands.

Everybody keeps telling me to see a lawyer. What can a lawyer do? I don't want a divorce. Our money is separate (we each have our own accounts). We have no kids. We (now it's just me) live in a rental, so there's no shared property of any significance.
Well, that does make a difference - no kids, no property and separate money, so at least that's some good news.

I know you don't WANT a divorce, but you need to face the fact that she likely does. And if that's true, what you want won't matter. I'm so sorry

If you could just get her to some marriage counseling there might be a chance.

Either way, you've got a lot to deal with - a whole new reality for one thing.

I'm sure your head is swimming and your heart is drowning.

So save yourself from some prolonged grief and spend some time with a therapist all on your own.

You can't take any shortcuts through this hurtful process, but you can keep it from going on one day longer than necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships