Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
My initial question still stands. Will she do the same?
I can't answer for her. If you're asking me. I'm not about to take a knife wound or bullet for any guy. This should not be surprising...

Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume: by 'fight for her' she wasn't talking about a gladiator style match to see who wins her hand in marriage -- but instead if they're on a subway late at night and some man takes her at knife point the bf doesn't run in the opposite direction out of fear. That is the way I understood the statement, not sure if that's what she actually meant.
That's what I thought too, but she seemed to imply that her man get aggressive with someone who's "bothering" her. If my girlfriend's life is in danger I'll do anything to help her. If she's being harassed by someone but she's not in physical danger I'll try to diffuse the situation but I won't start throwing punches unless he starts to get physical.

All that said, it's unlikely Meg will ever encounter a situation that requires her future boyfriend to defend her by using force.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:33 PM

73 posts, read 156,503 times
Quote:
Well. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume: by 'fight for her' she wasn't talking about a gladiator style match to see who wins her hand in marriage -- but instead if they're on a subway late at night and some man takes her at knife point the bf doesn't run in the opposite direction out of fear. That is the way I understood the statement, not sure if that's what she actually meant.
You're just in denial. Meg just confirms the things many men say here, but women always denie. She wants a more thug guy, but one she can control. A guy that will threaten violence even if she starts a verbal confrontation. Society has no problem with this until the thug turns on her, then she's the victim somehow.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Boy? I never called you a name nor would I. But your posts tend to point out that you don't believe that nice guys exist or that they are just myths. You tend to be crying wolf way to much here.
Try reading your post. I've posted it here so you can see exactly what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

I never thought I would say this, but What happened to the nice guys? The spoiled b**tches who didn't deserve them got to them first, and now they're ruined.

Like I stated above it's a two way street the women who dated the bad boys ended up the same way, damaged goods. They did it too each other.

I think Chierlgirl might fall under that catgory by her posts.

You're the typical type of guy who whines on here.

I know lots of very nice guys, always have, dated quite a few, married one.
You boys don't seem to be them.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
That's what I thought too, but she seemed to imply that her man get aggressive with someone who's "bothering" her. If my girlfriend's life is in danger I'll do anything to help her. If she's being harassed by someone but she's not in physical danger I'll try to diffuse the situation but I won't start throwing punches unless he starts to get physical.

All that said, it's unlikely Meg will ever encounter a situation that requires her future boyfriend to defend her by using force.
ah, ok. I don't know what she was implying as far as the physical aggression vs. verbal aggression. I agree with everything else you said, but wouldn't expect a man to actually do any of it in real life. As I've come to know when the going gets tough, they tend to get going

Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Felson View Post
You're just in denial. Meg just confirms the things many men say here, but women always denie. She wants a more thug guy, but one she can control. A guy that will threaten violence even if she starts a verbal confrontation. Society has no problem with this until the thug turns on her, then she's the victim somehow.
I'm not in denial about anything. I really did think that's what she meant. And I've said it a million times none of you are nice guys in the first place, you're all 'thugs' in one sense or another. Case in point, your last sentence:

... yea, I don't condone men beating the sh*t out of women simply because they can beat the sh*t out of a man, which is essentially what you're saying. But this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Great posts on this thread the new chivalry knowing the diff between supportive and codependent

Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 PM

73 posts, read 156,503 times
Quote:
I'm not in denial about anything. I really did think that's what she meant. And I've said it a million times none of you are nice guys in the first place, you're all thugs in one sense or another. Case in point, your last sentence:

... yea, I don't condone men beating the sh*t out of women simply because they can beat the sh*t out of a man, which is essentially what you're saying. But this doesn't surprise me in the least.
She's wants a guy that's like a mercenary, its all cool until he beats the crap out of her or ditches her with two kids. Sadly, she will probably end up being damaged goods and married to a guy she wouldn't date when she was younger and childless. All the good women are married by 25, and almost never end up divorced.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg Griffin View Post
I wouldn't call the guys I like thugs LOL.

I meant 'thugs' in mentality as well not just physically. Just like I said about that guy's comments about 'victims' and crap. That's how they think. It all comes out in the wash. But if you think the guys you like aren't thugs, fine with me. no skin off my nose.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Felson View Post
She's wants a guy that's like a mercenary, its all cool until he beats the crap out of her or ditches her with two kids. Sadly, she will probably end up being damaged goods and married to a guy she wouldn't date when she was younger and childless. All the good women are married by 25, and almost never end up divorced.

Yea, OK, like I said not surprised in the least you feel these things. You guys really like that 'damaged goods' saying, huh? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships