U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 AM

19,390 posts, read 11,563,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I don't think that is the case at all. I understand your view but I don't see why you think that discussing birth control alternatives for both you and your partner is some form of abuse and attempt at control by a man instead of something to be encouraged.

Where exactly did you come up with the "discussing" birth control alternatives? The original did not state he "discussed" anything.

Cripes, this gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 AM

19,770 posts, read 15,190,912 times
Quote:
I don't think that is the case at all. I understand your view but I don't see why you think that discussing birth control alternatives for both you and your partner is some form of abuse and attempt at control by a man instead of something to be encouraged.
JFC! where in the sam hell did you come up with the notion of abuse? And your babbling sentence makes no sense at all. none.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 AM

8,681 posts, read 7,777,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I have used a condom twice in my life. They are ridiculous. I don't have any children fortunately because my vasectomy rocks - and I would never use a condom out of concern for getting an STD because I'm only with women that do not have them. Seriously, if I ever think that I need to wear one to prevent and STD, I just won't have sex with the woman.

If you've been with more than one woman, chances are very good you've at least carried one of dozens of HPV viruses. You may not have known it, and you may have cleared it from your system without ever having a symptom if they were the more benign strains. But trust me, most doctors will tell you that you've had one by now. That is how common they are. At least 50% of all men and women will be infected with at least one strain of HPV in their lifetime.

[URL="http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm"]STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)[/URL]

[URL="http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/10/10/us-hpv-infection-rates-idUSTRE4998UN20081010"]HPV infection rates similar in men and women | Reuters[/URL]

[URL="http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/stds-hiv-safer-sex/hpv-4272.htm"]Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - Virus & Cervical Cancer - Symptoms[/URL]

Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah the pill has side effects. Do you think that a man not being able to reach sexual fulfillment is any less of a side effect?
Yes, it is indeed less of a side effect. Condoms do not increase a man's risk of stroke or increase his risk of certain types of cancer the way hormonal contraceptives do for women.

I've known one man who had an issue with maintaining after putting on a condom. The problem was all in his mind, and he got over it. In fact, most of the men I've known preferred to use them: There's not a man alive who won't last longer with one on, and lasting longer is generally considered a good thing.

Last edited by Yzette; 02-13-2012 at 02:18 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 AM

8,824 posts, read 5,040,841 times
GAH!!!

Why this dichotomy between condoms and the pill?

Did you forget? There are a bunch of alternatives that women can use that are as effective as condoms in preventing pregnancy, especially when used with spermicide. Some even available over the counter.

Female condom
Diaphragm
Lea's shield
Contraceptive sponge
Cervical cap
IUD

Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,040,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
JFC! where in the sam hell did you come up with the notion of abuse? And your babbling sentence makes no sense at all. none.
You lot are the ones who said he was 'forcing' his lady to take birth control pills not me.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,040,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Where exactly did you come up with the "discussing" birth control alternatives? The original did not state he "discussed" anything.

Cripes, this gets better.
What part of the OP's post didn't you get? He is clearly looking for alternatives or ways to make condom usage satisfying for him.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You lot are the ones who said he was 'forcing' his lady to take birth control pills not me.
How are you arriving at this conclusion? Again you are projecting.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Condoms - I hate them and have a performance problem with them which makes for very interesting situations if one has sex early in a relationship where the girl cannot (or will not) go on the pill. When I slip the thing on I lose everything and I cannot get it back until I remove the damn thing off...if you know what I mean! Any ideas of how to deal with this issue?

With my ex I actually didn't have sex until I could get her on the pill but I feel I should try some other method for condoms to work...I am reading a bit and looks like this is quite a COMMON problem for men...
Quote:
What part of the OP's post didn't you get? He is clearly looking for alternatives or ways to make condom usage satisfying for him.
Satisfying for him at her expense. Maria, if you read his OP, it almost sounds like he coerced his ex into going on the Pill. HE could get her on the Pill? Really?

I'm willing to wager that once she was on the Pill, if her insurance didn't cover it, she paid for it herself, as well.

Sorry fellas, but whenever I hear a guy complain about wearing a condom, I see it as whining. A smart woman is going to tell you, "No glove, no love," until you have been together long enough to ensure a disease-free monogamous relationship. Your other alternative is a date with your hand.

As for the women complaining, you do know that only the outer third of your vagina has the nerve endings for sensation, right? And that the main cause of women's discomfort with condoms is a lack of lubrication, right? If you're naturally on the low end of the bell curve, just buy some and keep it in your nightstand.

Really, people. Some of you are coming off like it's the end of the world to take less than 30 seconds to prevent a pregnancy and possibly save your own lives in the process. Don't you think you and your partner are worth more than that?

Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 PM

As I specified earlier... When in doubt wrap that rascal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships