U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM

18,311 posts, read 17,705,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
How many dinners and drinks is sex worth? Some women value it at one dinner while others value it at no dinnesr, while other tease it for several dinners while not handing out any. And how long do we men woo you? Aren't you supposed to also woo us? Or is enough just for us to bask in the glory that is your presence?
I'm hoping she was being sarcastic. Sex is never a payment for dinner, or anything else, in my world. If we have sex it has nothing to do with what anyone bought for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 AM

47,585 posts, read 36,011,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
I dont have time to read through all these posts but um...dutch on the first date is tacky and so is a grown man leaving a $1 tip. Sorry people.

If finances are an issue he should have invited you out for coffee so you guys could chat and get to know one another a little better. That way he could better assess if you were worth the "investment" of a real date. And if he can't afford to buy you a cup of coffee he should probably be concentrating on getting his life together and not dating.
He's divorced with kids. He's not going to have any money for a long time. His dates might as well get used to paying their own way right off the bat.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 AM

461 posts, read 380,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick>Import View Post
Can women explain to me why it's ok to expect the man to pay for dinner but its wrong for a man to expect sex just because he paid for dinner? Why is it wrong when a man doesn't want to date a single woman with kids but its ok for women to feel the same about men? Double standards, gotta love em.
Women have expectations just as you do. Neither is right or wrong. They are what they are. There is a wide variety of viewpoints from women as showcased by this thread. No one has to do anything they don't want to and the incompatibility will be evident by both parties to make a decision on whether or not to continue dating.

However, I have to say, I've never met a man who expected sex just because he paid for dinner. If that were the case, I'd rather we just skip dinner and he just give me the cash for sex. Upfront, of course. (That was a 5 star restaurant we would have gone to, right?)

You see, we have this crazy notion that you ask us out to get to know us, to perhaps forge a relationship. Silly women.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 AM

2,392 posts, read 3,363,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
You see, we have this crazy notion that you ask us out to get to know us, to perhaps forge a relationship. Silly women.
It is crazy bc the smart man would never ask a woman to dinner to get to know her. If online I'll ask you to coffee. If I met you offline I'd rather talk to you over a couple of weeks before I ask you out. And even then there ain't going to be no 1st date or 2nd date dinners. She has to earn that. Too many women expect that as if it's owed to them.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM

3,490 posts, read 5,190,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
How many dinners and drinks is sex worth? Some women value it at one dinner while others value it at no dinnesr, while other tease it for several dinners while not handing out any. And how long do we men woo you? Aren't you supposed to also woo us? Or is enough just for us to bask in the glory that is your presence?
Why are people comparing dinner to sex as some sort of swap? WTF?!
I cannot even imagine what kind of man equates buying dinner to being owed ANYTHING, much less an intimate, physical experience.

For the losers who think this way - hire yourself a pro and don't go around bothering women with your revolting ideas.

Gross!!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,443,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Why are people comparing dinner to sex as some sort of swap? WTF?!
I cannot even imagine what kind of man equates buying dinner to being owed ANYTHING, much less an intimate, physical experience.

For the losers who think this way - hire yourself a pro and don't go around bothering women with your revolting ideas.

Gross!!!!!
That's absolutely unnecessary. Why, you ask? Well, because some women are entirely comfortable with the idea.

Here's a pretty good example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
If it is "pre arranged" then that's FINE, but the OP didn't think it was.

I've never done Dutch on a first date - EVER, so this is new to me and honestly, I don't know how I would take it. Is this gonna be a sign of future cheapness? Will he really expect me to WANT to have sex with him if I continue to pay for my own dinners, etc.?

LOL! I don't think so, but hey, that's ME. I'm old school in that way.

But I would pay for my own coffee, etc., if this was a person I met online. This way, neither one of us OWES anybody ANYTHING if it doesn't work out.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,524,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
No issues. Sometimes I get hit with a whiff of frugality and as I take a look at my bank statement, I'm like... 10 trips to restaurants in one week and almost 30 bucks in tipping alone... and that's a whole meal by itself, or two, if it's a diner.
10 trips to a restaurant in a week? $30 in tips TOTAL?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM

17,236 posts, read 20,298,347 times
Deal breaker for me.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM

5,073 posts, read 2,788,323 times
Obviously there is no right or wrong in this situation. People are brought up differently and live by different rules. Women have fought hard and long for equality, and since today most have their own money, careers and bank accounts, there is nothing wrong with paying for your own meal. Get with the time ladies, this isnt 1950's. I can tell you one thing I am absolutely certain of. If you asked our entire US population of where they stand on this issue, and repeated the same survey every 5 or 10 years, the amount of people who believe a man is always to pay, would decrease substantialy, each and every time. You can tell this by contrast of rural to urban america attitudes towards paying for dates. Women enjoy sex just as much as men, and many sources claim they enjoy it even more. Being spoiled by a sugar daddy, who always pays your way is nothing but prostitution, plain and simple. If you earn an income, pay your own way.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM

17,236 posts, read 20,298,347 times
Lets just suppose that, despite the fact that he fails all your criteria, he is your dream man. Let's also assume that he is inherently generous and that he would pick up your check, be a big tipper, and support the starving children in Africa if he had any money.
The reality is that, here and now, he is not what you need or want, so keep on a goin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships