U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,723,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
if you don't like the idea of him accepting your offer, then don't offer. How is that NOT manipulative?
I agree. It's like some sort of test. I never offer if I have no intention of actually paying my own way. Sometimes, however, I offer to pitch in for the tip. Whether they take me up on that doesn't really matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 12:20 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,513,818 times
And people mostly frequent a dining place once in a month? So they think they are socially championing the cause of the waiters and leave a handsome tip, which is understandable. It seems like a trip to the Pyrenees.

But for a heavy hitter like me, it gets old.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM

55,164 posts, read 71,976,611 times
dating people with kids is very different. their range of expectations is based on somebody else who isnt there anymore. they are expecting u to fill in or more.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM

15,541 posts, read 22,533,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I eat out a lot. A random grilled chicken plate is like 9 bucks and I'm expected to tip the imbecile a couple bucks, and by the 8th or 9th time, I'm like... why do you even deserve it?

It's natural human tendency. All he does is go in and carry food out. If they called my name like in Panera, I'll bloody well bring the plate out myself.
Well, I quess I was wrong not taking your other posts seriously.

Tip, trust me the money will circulate back to you in one way or another.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,723,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yes, yes I do! And it seems like men now want to have their cake and eat it, too. They don't want to even pay for the date AND they expect to still get "nookie".

I am VERY good to the men in my life, VERY GOOD. I believe in traditional male/female roles in my personal life and that includes the man paying for dates, etc.
I've heard of this happening too many times...the same men who use "equality" as an excuse to get out of paying for a date will then still try to be all grabby as if they feel that their date is obligated to him even when she did pay.

Last edited by temazepam; 02-15-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM

21,199 posts, read 19,941,584 times
Quote:
I eat out a lot. A random grilled chicken plate is like 9 bucks and I'm expected to tip the imbecile a couple bucks, and by the 8th or 9th time, I'm like... why do you even deserve it?

It's natural human tendency. All he does is go in and carry food out. If they called my name like in Panera, I'll bloody well bring the plate out myself.
Quote:
And people mostly frequent a dining place once in a month? So they think they are socially championing the cause of the waiters and leave a handsome tip, which is understandable. It seems like a trip to the Pyrenees.

But for a heavy hitter like me, it gets old.
Totally. I take the train a lot. My husband takes it almost every day. So I don't pay anymore. I understand that some people only take the train once in a blue moon so I see why they still pay. But I don't. When I lived in the city - I ate out 3-5 times a week. I would just go into the kitchen and make my own food. I mean seriously - nobody deserves my money except for me.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,513,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Well, I quess I was wrong not take your other posts seriously.

Tip, trust me the money will circulate back to you in one way or another.
I think the cycle has turned, Virgode. Good crocodile is back on.

Becoz I just realized something... this whole thread I have been describing my antics on 1/9 "lone restaurant time" occurrences where I grudgingly walk out without a tip, coz it's okay to do so, only for a sense of fiscal restraint.

I just recalled. I've never even gone dutch with any woman. And in all dates, I tipped too well. I still continue to pick up the whole tab and tip well on date nights.

I get easily irritated when others try to dictate how a man should spend his money coz it gives me a sense of loss of self control and personal authority with a man's wallet. She is welcome to observe what I do with my money, but absolutely no business forming an opinion on how I spread cash on a 2 hour time slice of my entire life.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

15,541 posts, read 22,533,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Totally. I take the train a lot. My husband takes it almost every day. So I don't pay anymore. I understand that some people only take the train once in a blue moon so I see why they still pay. But I don't. When I lived in the city - I ate out 3-5 times a week. I would just go into the kitchen and make my own food. I mean seriously - nobody deserves my money except for me.
Are you serious, did I miss something

Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

3,097 posts, read 3,985,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
totally. I take the train a lot. My husband takes it almost every day. So i don't pay anymore. I understand that some people only take the train once in a blue moon so i see why they still pay. But i don't. When i lived in the city - i ate out 3-5 times a week. I would just go into the kitchen and make my own food. I mean seriously - nobody deserves my money except for me.

snap!!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM

6,245 posts, read 5,784,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Amen. I would never date a guy again who agreed/suggested dutch at all, ever. I'm old fashioned that way.
Are you old fashioned when it comes to house chores? That is, house chores being your job as a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
If that's the case...should the woman give up sex the first night and "come correct?"

Is it wrong for a man to demand sex after a date, the same way that a woman demands that a man pay for her meal? Is that appropriate etiquette?

If not, what demands can a man make on a date? Or should should he just be grateful to be allowed to bask in her presence? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or