U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
 
428 posts, read 379,794 times
Reputation: 540

Advertisements

Here's an easy answer to who pays, and it doesn't involve gender stereotyping: Whoever asked for the date is the one who pays. If, at the end of the meal, the other party insists on paying the full check or going dutch, that's just really sweet of them and shows their giving nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
 
8,680 posts, read 12,821,552 times
Reputation: 15220
Default You know who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalquimista View Post
Let me just clarify, since I've been getting lovely private messages. I do not need a free meal. Car is paid for, house is paid for, 1/2 my money is donated to charity. I've been fortunate. This is about dating practices and getting other peoples opinions. I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. I don't need one. Oh, and if I wanted a free meal, I would have suggested Ruth's Chris

Ya know, getting private messages like that should be considered a form of harassment. Seriously. I can make a well-educated guess as to who the pest was, as he sends those messages to every woman who ascribes to a dating philosophy that opposes his own anal-retentive, ledger-keeping, persnickety approach, especially if she is successful with men. He just cannot stand to see a couple enjoy themselves if he doesn't approve of the way they do so. He's ticked off that he can't change American dating etiquette, and resentful that American hospitality demands that those who ask for a first date, pay for a first date.

To each his or her own, so stop bombarding the women on here with your juvenile whining. No one cares what you think, and you're not going to change anyone's mind with your incessant PM babbling and attempts to harangue women into conversing with you.

Shut the sam hell up, already. NO ONE CARES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
 
4,230 posts, read 5,874,409 times
Reputation: 5307
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Are you a woman?

No, seriously, are you??
You digress...it's irrelevant. I am assuming every women who doesn't expect a man to pay on the first date is some sort mythological creature wearing flannel and sporting facial hair.


I assure you I am 100% female and I don't need men spending money on me to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,070,601 times
Reputation: 22091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Ya know, getting private messages like that should be considered a form of harassment. Seriously. I can make a well-educated guess as to who the pest was, as he sends those messages to every woman who ascribes to a dating philosophy that opposes his own anal-retentive, ledger-keeping, persnickety approach, especially if she is successful with men. He just cannot stand to see a couple enjoy themselves if he doesn't approve of the way they do so. He's ticked off that he can't change American dating etiquette, and resentful that American hospitality demands that those who ask for a first date, pay for a first date.

To each his or her own, so stop bombarding the women on here with your juvenile whining. No one cares what you think, and you're not going to change anyone's mind with your incessant PM babbling and attempts to harangue women here into conversing with you.

Seriously. Shut the sam hell up, already. NO ONE CARES.
I second that! I actually deleted his last PM to me with out reading it. I'm done being sucked into that black hole!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
 
29 posts, read 62,291 times
Reputation: 27
If a women doesn't so much as make a move in the direction of her purse or wallet at the end of any date that's a HUGE red flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,196,788 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Personally, I would not continue to date someone who doesn't offer to pay on a first date. You deserve to be pampered.
Where the hell does this entitlement mentality that some of this women have come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,676 posts, read 22,711,174 times
Reputation: 17387
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Where the hell does this entitlement mentality that some of this women have come from.
Narcissism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
 
6,474 posts, read 10,019,786 times
Reputation: 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
You digress...it's irrelevant. I am assuming every women who doesn't expect a man to pay on the first date is some sort mythological creature wearing flannel and sporting facial hair.


I assure you I am 100% female and I don't need men spending money on me to prove it.
Well that's good for you!

LOLOLOLOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
 
6,474 posts, read 10,019,786 times
Reputation: 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalquimista View Post
Let me just clarify, since I've been getting lovely private messages. I do not need a free meal. Car is paid for, house is paid for, 1/2 my money is donated to charity. I've been fortunate. This is about dating practices and getting other peoples opinions. I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. I don't need one. Oh, and if I wanted a free meal, I would have suggested Ruth's Chris
Hmmm, this idiot has been bothering you too, I see.

I don't understand why if he's so happy with the asian women that PAY, why is he still single and harassing the ones that refuse to accept that nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
 
29 posts, read 62,291 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Well that's good for you!

LOLOLOLOL!!!
Your responses are becoming more and more astute. Do you bite the end of your finger and flip your hair on these dates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top