U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM

6,474 posts, read 9,973,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Ya know, getting private messages like that should be considered a form of harassment. Seriously. I can make a well-educated guess as to who the pest was, as he sends those messages to every woman who ascribes to a dating philosophy that opposes his own anal-retentive, ledger-keeping, persnickety approach, especially if she is successful with men. He just cannot stand to see a couple enjoy themselves if he doesn't approve of the way they do so. He's ticked off that he can't change American dating etiquette, and resentful that American hospitality demands that those who ask for a first date, pay for a first date.
Well, in his PM to ME, he told me how asian women LOVE TO PAY for their own meals and what great times he has with them.

Sooooooooooooo, if true, WHY are you worrying about the women who don't believe in it?

I've never paid on a first date and I never will. You can usually weed out men like him. They're usually scrubs or socially awkward misfits.

Quote:
To each his or her own, so stop bombarding the women on here with your juvenile whining. No one cares what you think, and you're not going to change anyone's mind with your incessant PM babbling and attempts to harangue women into conversing with you.

Shut the sam hell up, already. NO ONE CARES.
Yes, but he hasn't contacted me since I told him to stop wasting my time with his stupid nonsense. Cheap misfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM

674 posts, read 975,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalquimista View Post
I went on a date with a man I met on match. He talked the whole time, which I was going to chalk up to nerves, he's a federal officer, divorced with kids. I have three rules when I date, no kids, no cops and no ex wives. Well, needless to say, he broke all the rules. However, when emailing back and forth we seemed to click, and I was really open to the idea. Also, he said several times what good money he makes.

Dinner was nice, conversation flowed just fine... when the waitress came to ask whether or not everything was on one bill, he looks at me? I then told her politely, it would be two checks. The waitress could tell we were on a first date, and she kept it on one piece of paper, but two different totals. She also set it right in front of him. He never once offered. I put out my 20.00 for the meal, and left a very nice tip too. He left 1.00 for a tip.
This has never happened to me before, although once in relationships I turn into the sugar Mama.

Is this a deal breaker? Is this just a sign of what's to come? I wouldn't have made him pay, but it's the OFFER that would have been nice...
Well then learn to be better at selecting which guys you go out with. Women get like 50 emails a week, if you went out with 1 of them and this is what you got then you only have yourself to blame. Do you want looks/height/money in a guy or do you want a guy who has some class and can show you respect?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonikz1 View Post
Your responses are becoming more and more astute. Do you bite the end of your finger and flip your hair on these dates?
Well, what do you want me to say?

I've already received a warning for something that I didn't even think was that bad, so I'm not going to say what I really think about women who do this. I kind of put them in the same category as men who refuse to pay or have problems with it. If you want to know what that is read my posts regarding those men.

If she doesn't mind paying, then AGAIN, good for HER.

I just don't like the insulting insinuations that you and her keep making about women who expect a man to pay and have no problem with it.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,789,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Just like the outdated ideal that women should first and foremost be mothers and wives and should have dinner on the table by the time her husband got home from work...men HAVING to pay for the first date is also outdated.

If I want to be treated as an equal (newer gender role) and am no longer expected to adhere to the above I am sure as hell not going to hold a man accountable for something equally as outdated.

And I am sure the same women who expect this first date scenario, would also be up in arms if the man said to her "the women's place is in the home".
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Are you a woman?

No, seriously, are you??
Regardless of that person's gender, do you agree with what he/she said? Why?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Regardless of that person's gender, do you agree with what he/she said? Why?
Dude, don't talk to me.

The poster is YOUR type of woman.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Well, in his PM to ME, he told me how asian women LOVE TO PAY for their own meals and what great times he has with them.

Sooooooooooooo, if true, WHY are you worrying about the women who don't believe in it?
It's a forum, people come here to comment on what they do, what they prefer, what they don't prefer, and so on. Shouldn't just be a place where everybody agrees with what you say.

Quote:
I've never paid on a first date and I never will. You can usually weed out men like him. They're usually scrubs or socially awkward misfits
So those who don't pay for you are scrubs and socially awkward misfits? Could be, could be. Or those women who don't want to pay can be leeches who just want to score freebies. Hey, there are all kinds of men/women around us, right?

Quote:
Yes, but he hasn't contacted me since I told him to stop wasting my time with his stupid nonsense. Cheap misfit.
I had someone like that write me too and I am glad she's not writting anymore. Cheap leech who only offers company and sex (you know what that makes of her).

Last edited by onihC; 02-16-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM

42 posts, read 70,264 times
Now I know why there are a lot of mid-life lesbians.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Dude, don't talk to me.

The poster is YOUR type of woman.
Why didn't you answer her either? Simple question was if you agree or not. I guess you like to cherry pick traditions and rather avoid answering her. All you did was ask if she was a woman. I guess she said something that made sense, huh?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM

4,230 posts, read 5,839,088 times
Maybe its your sense of entitlement...the fact that your calling all men who want to go dutch on the first date "cheap" and "socially awkward misfits".

It's ignorant. Period. You come off as a brat who doesn't waste her time with a man who cant pay. Your putting your foot in your mouth-coming across as ignorant and frankly highly un-intelligent. But hey, chastise me like you do everyone who isn't stuck in the 50's.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Maybe its your sense of entitlement...the fact that your calling all men who want to go dutch on the first date "cheap" and "socially awkward misfits".

It's ignorant. Period. You come off as a brat who doesn't waste her time with a man who cant pay. Your putting your foot in your mouth-coming across as ignorant and frankly highly un-intelligent. But hey, chastise me like you do everyone who isn't stuck in the 50's.
I'm not gonna chastise you.

As a matter of fact, I'm not going to say anything to you at all, because if I do, I'll get a warning and probably a ban for a few days and it's not worth it.

I'm just glad there are women like YOU for the men on here that don't want to come out of pocket. As long as you women exist, then I won't have to worry about those men trying to get with ME.

Thank goodness. *wipes brow in relief*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or