U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
 
4,231 posts, read 2,542,396 times
Reputation: 5101
Your quite the master at avoiding the topic at hand aren't you? Keep skirting around the real issue...it's not my mindset...it's not the "socially awkward misfits"...its you.

I am sure there is a man out there who will fully support you and you will be forever bound to him because of it. Good luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Hudson County, NJ
1,493 posts, read 1,421,042 times
Reputation: 1142
Wow where is this going?

I find it offensive that you are going to call someone who doesn't pay for everything on the first day a "socially awkward misfit". I don't mind paying on future dates, but first dates or meetings I'm fine with splitting things, or seeing how she will react in that sense. I also refuse to buy a girl a drink at a bar, because I'm not going to be naive and have someone like Marylin only talk to me because she is getting freebies. Im not going to buy someone.

I'm glad in my experiences, no one has ever had an issue with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
 
5,489 posts, read 4,705,422 times
Reputation: 4540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Wow where is this going?

I find it offensive that you are going to call someone who doesn't pay for everything on the first day a "socially awkward misfit". I don't mind paying on future dates, but first dates or meetings I'm fine with splitting things, or seeing how she will react in that sense. I also refuse to buy a girl a drink at a bar, because I'm not going to be naive and have someone like Marylin only talk to me because she is getting freebies. Im not going to buy someone.

I'm glad in my experiences, no one has ever had an issue with this.
I don't accept drinks from men I'm not attracted to, so there's no need for me to "fake it".

You guys really kill me with getting upset at things said from women who would never put up with cheapness, but yet no one gets in a tizzy with terms like "narcissists", "pampered princesses", "prostitutes", "gold diggers", etc., that are just as equally degrading if not moreso.

The hypocrisy is amazing. *smh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
 
5,074 posts, read 2,483,658 times
Reputation: 5309
Exactly. Ive heard women brag about going out on dates to get a free meal. How ugly, manipulative and disgusting is that? Not to mention bragging about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
 
Location: FL
2,392 posts, read 3,205,348 times
Reputation: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't accept drinks from men I'm not attracted to, so there's no need for me to "fake it".

You guys really kill me with getting upset at things said from women who would never put up with cheapness, but yet no one gets in a tizzy with terms like "narcissists", "pampered princesses", "prostitutes", "gold diggers", etc., that are just as equally degrading if not moreso.

The hypocrisy is amazing. *smh*
If you're not one of those things then why be offended? Being attracted to someone doesn't mean that one's motives are genuine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
12,819 posts, read 9,991,246 times
Reputation: 19518
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Exactly. Ive heard women brag about going out on dates to get a free meal. How ugly, manipulative and disgusting is that? Not to mention bragging about it.
It's no less manipulative than men who butter up women when their only goal is getting laid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
 
Location: FL
2,392 posts, read 3,205,348 times
Reputation: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Exactly. Ive heard women brag about going out on dates to get a free meal. How ugly, manipulative and disgusting is that? Not to mention bragging about it.
Women like that are the reason why men should take women on first or second dates to dinner. You have to be able to weed out the freeloaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
8,915 posts, read 4,477,060 times
Reputation: 12510
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Exactly. Ive heard women brag about going out on dates to get a free meal. How ugly, manipulative and disgusting is that? Not to mention bragging about it.
There is NO meal worth it for me to spend time with someone I do not genuinely like. Besides, I'm not one for using people in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
 
5,489 posts, read 4,705,422 times
Reputation: 4540
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
If you're not one of those things then why be offended? Being attracted to someone doesn't mean that one's motives are genuine.
I'm not offended in the least by what I listed, but it seems others are offended by the things I've said which means I must be touching a "nerve" of some sort.

Or they'll say they're being "attacked".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
 
5,489 posts, read 4,705,422 times
Reputation: 4540
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Women like that are the reason why men should take women on first or second dates to dinner. You have to be able to weed out the freeloaders.
And is this working for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top